Clinical Experiences Coordinator
Position Clinical Experiences Coordinator Full Time/Part Time Full Time Job Type Regular Position Summary
NMHU Seeks to recruit Individuals who enthusiastically support the University’s strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including student of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responds to inquiries form students sites and site supervisions regarding field placement opportunities.
• Plan, develop, implement and evaluate field placement for graduate counseling students;
• Oversee and approve placement of graduate counseling students in approved sites;
• Recruit, evaluate, approve contracts and retain sites ensuring responsiveness to the mission of the school and program;
• Develop and implement recruitment and field placement efforts at the main campus and all centers;
• Monitor, assess, and guide field placement and provide support and consultation to students and site supervisors;
• Supervise and conduct performance evaluations of students and site supervisors;
• Provide support to and problem-solve with site supervisors
• Intervene promptly in the resolution of problems experienced by students or sites in field placements;
• Schedule field trainings each semester for site supervisors;
• Plan, develop, and implement field orientation for students prior to being placed in field experiences;
• Plan, develop and implement two training workshops ( CEU certified) each year in collaboration with counseling faculty and site supervisors;
• Review student evaluations of sites and site supervisors, and provide follow-up as needed;
• Provide reports and/or updates to the counseling faculty and counseling chair including student progress, status of field practicum sites and problems encountered in field placement;
• Oversee the maintenance and updating of student files and agency placement information;
• Lead the periodic Site Coordinator/faculty meeting (minimum of once per semester);
• Lead the Field Advisory Committee, comprised of site supervisors, faculty, and students/former grads;
• Perform related duties as assigned;
• Maintain regular attendance.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Education: Master’s Degree in Counseling.
• Experience: Three (3) years post Counseling practice work experience with community, state, educational organizations, or as a private practitioner.
• Master’s Degree in Counseling from a CACREP accredited program.
• Independent mental health licensure ( LPCC ).
• School Counseling licensure &/or Certified Rehabilitation Counselor ( CRC ) in addition to LPCC would be beneficial.
Special Conditions for Eligibility Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of healthcare, social service, mental health agencies, schools, and rehabilitation centers;
• Ability to work with students, site supervisors, and faculty in a team approach in the implementation of field placement;
• Possess the ability to engage in creative problem-solving toward the resolution of clinical- related conflicts or problems that arise;
• Knowledge and ability to develop and implement a training program for site supervisors;
• Knowledge, understanding and the ability to work with Hispanic, Native American and other ethnic minority students, and the community based agencies and schools providing services to these populations;
• Ability to organize and prioritize work;
• Ability to maintain effective, positive working relationships;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality;
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
• Knowledge of CACREP accreditation standards;
• Clinical skills;
• Supervision skills.
Requires travel to and from areas near NMHU Centers (Las Vegas, Rio Rancho, Santa Fe and Farmington)
Working Environment Pay Rate 45582 Work Location/Campus Center Multi Campus/Center Locations EEO Statement
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to the University values of diversity, accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Posting Number AS474P Open Date 05/17/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
A complete application must include 1) A letter of application, 2) Curriculum vitae and, 3) Unofficial copies of advanced degree transcripts. Online application must include names, phone numbers, and e‐mail addresses of three (3) professional references. References will be contacted in conjunction with an on-campus interview and official transcripts should be requested upon acceptance of the on-campus interview. For more detailed information regarding the position you may contact: Dr. Geri Glover at GJGlover@nmhu.edu. For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or TDD 505-454-3003. New Mexico Highlands University is an EEO Employer.
Quick Link https://nmhu.peopleadmin.com/postings/6508 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- Are you a current employee of the university?
- * Do you have a master's degree?
- What licensure/certification(s) do you hold?
- New Mexico Independent License (LPCC), or the ability to attain NM licensure
- School Counselor (Licensed/Certified any state)
- NM Licensed Rehabilitation Counselor
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
- Letter(s) of Recommendation