ACADEMIC PROGRAM MANAGER
ACADEMIC PROGRAM MANAGER
Posting Number: SRGV4994
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Office of Faculty Success and Diversity
Scope of Job:
To perform advanced program administration, development and coordination in the Office of Faculty Success & Diversity and the Faculty Success & Diversity Council. Responsible for all phases of program development and coordination of program activities.
Description of Duties:
• Provides direct supervision of assigned office staff and oversight of daily operations in the Office of Faculty Success and Diversity.
• Manages the development and coordination of programs and event activities.
• Manages the writing and development of proposals for funding grants and/or conference presentations.
• Supports the university strategic planning process, including coordinating meetings, preparing minutes, maintenance of tracking dashboard for goals and metrics, webpage content management, and marketing/communication efforts.
• Coordinates and manages various initiatives under the supervision of the Faculty Success & Diversity Council.
• Develops effective communication strategies for large-scale projects/initiatives division wide.
• Leads and manages logistics required for the division, such as New Faculty Orientation, Faculty Excellence Awards, etc.
• Oversees and participates in the hiring, training, and evaluation of staff.
• Researches, drafts, prepares, reviews and edits highly sensitive presentations, publications, special reports, correspondence, and speeches.
• Consults, interacts, and collaborates with the Faculty Success & Diversity Council, faculty, other internal/external staff, and/or consultants to facilitate the successful implementation of new or revised policies, programs, and procedures.
• Provides statistical analysis of data as required to support administrative decision-making.
• Maintains familiarity with UT System Board of Regents’ Rules & Regulations and UTRGV’s HOP policies to allow for the advisement and support of administrative decision making.
• Researches, analyzes, provides advice and facilitates best methods and practices relative to the achievement of specified goals and operating objectives.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Master’s degree from an accredited university.
Four (4) years of experience performing closely related duties, including program planning/coordination or related experience in the appropriate field of the program.
Use of personal computer and standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley. Work is performed primarily in a general office environment across the Rio Grande Valley.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 04/12/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or email@example.com.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27998