Job ID: 225916
Location: Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
2320601 - Armstrong-Galley
Oversee daily operations and ensure quality presentation of all food served to meet the standard established by the Director of Culinary Excellence. Assist Chef de Cuisine to ensure proper training of all culinary team members for optimal production results.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Prepare daily production list and verify that culinary staff follow all recipes and portion control
- Ensure all culinary production areas are clean and organized
- Ensure adherence to sanitation rules and regulations
- Assist General Manager, Executive Chef, and Chef de Cuisine in planning food production levels and staffing needs
- Two (2) years of post-secondary education or associate degree
- Three (3) years of related work experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Associate degree in culinary arts
$33,300 - $37,450
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Work with limited supervision
- Prepare food according to health and safety standards
- Ability to comply with food safety rules and equipment, sanitation and health standards
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Knowledge of safe food handling techniques and tools
- Knowledge of basic cooking techniques such as sauteing, broiling, frying, and grilling, seasoning methods and portion control
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
Apply Before Date
April 23, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds with or without accommodation
- Required to stoop, bend, lift, stand, walk
- Work long hours, usually in overheated, crowded conditions
- Endure the stress of working quickly while maintaining safety and quality
- Work in an institutional/industrial restaurant settings
- Work hours may vary, which includes nights, weekends, holidays and special events
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=225916&PostingSeq=1