Division Chair of Business and Computer Science
Bay State College invites applications for Division Chair of Business and Computer Science. Bay State seeks an accomplished computer scientist and educator to join a bold and innovative team that is committed to student success. We are looking for a visionary leader who can build and lead relevant and vibrant programs that will be hallmarks of a 21st century career-centered education.
Reporting to the Chief Academic Officer, the Division Chair of Business and Computer Science is a member of the Senior Academic Leadership Team. The Division Chair carries out all of the duties necessary to lead and manage the College’s Business and Computer Science programs, including program development and review, collaboration with marketing to attract stronger students into the programs, recruitment of qualified and effective faculty, and the adoption of high-impact teaching and advising methods that contribute to student success and retention across all Division’s programs. The Chair also participates in College and Boston-area events to promote the stature and visibility of the Division. Operating in a coordinated effort with the Chief Academic Officer, the program Advisory Board, as well as other academic administrators, the Division Chair provides support and guidance to students and faculty and serves in a leadership role in all department functions.
- Develop and market new programs for the Division.
- Provide academic oversight for all division programs.
- Recruit, hire, and mentor faculty.
- Teach two courses per year in computer science.
- Support student success and retention.
- Educate the broader Bay State community about the Division's programs and opportunities.
- Develop relationships with employers and relevant organizations to expand the available internship opportunities for students.
- Contribute to the development of courses in a variety of delivery modes (hybrid, face-to-face, online).
- Plan and administer a budget for the Division’s programs.
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Chief Academic
- Masters required, Doctorate preferred, in Computer Science, Technology Education or related Computer Science program.
- Record of holding positions of increasing responsibility in the industry and/or higher education.
- Fiscal and personnel management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to act effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate successfully with all departments within the College as well as business and regulatory personnel.
- Bilingual language is a plus.
- Supervision is required.
- Sedentary work. Employees may occasionally be required to exert up to 10 to 15 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Normal office conditions. Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day. May require travel to other locations occasionally.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Life, AD&D, Short, and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Floating and Birthday Holiday
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Personal Days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Bay State College does not provide employment sponsorship
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should email a current resume and cover letter to HumanResources@baystate.edu. Please include Chair of Business and Computer Science and your full name in the subject line. No phone calls please.
About Bay State College
Bay State College is a private career-focused college founded in 1946 in the Back Bay neighborhood of Boston. With a mission to prepare students for successful careers and global citizenship through academic rigor and individualized support, Bay State seeks educational leaders ready to develop students for professional and personal well-being far into the 21st century.
Bay State College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Division Chair of Business and Computer Science
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly