Seattle Pacific University - Assistant/Associate Professor of Curriculum and Instruction / ELL and B
About Seattle Pacific University:
Founded in 1891, Seattle Pacific University has a long and distinguished history in Christian higher education. Located just minutes from downtown Seattle, SPU seeks to be a premier Christian University fully committed to engaging the culture and changing the world by graduating people of competence and character, becoming people of wisdom, and modeling grace-filled community. Seattle Pacific University seeks applicants committed to its Christian mission. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively in a multicultural academic community.
Commitment to Diversity
Due to our mission of cultural engagement, SPU is committed to building an exceptional and diverse community. With approximately 350 faculty and 450 staff, at the heart of our mission-centered commitment to becoming a more diverse community is a desire to represent the breadth of God's kingdom more fully. We recognize diversity as a basic feature of God's creation, a core theme of the gospel, and inseparable from our Christian faith. We strive to become a workplace that recruits, develops, and retains faculty and staff who can embrace, value, and engage differences with humility and care. We invite you to join us on our journey as a faculty or staff member. Learn more about SPU’s commitment to diversity and employee ongoing opportunities to deepen their capacity to serve our increasingly diverse student body.
- Tenure track, nine-month appointment within the School of Education.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate level courses on campus and/or online, with a typical credit load of 27 credits (over three academic quarters).
- Mentor and advise teacher education students.
- Collaborate with other School of Education faculty who teach undergraduate and graduate students to add English learner language (ELL) development standards to courses and/or support effective ELL instructional strategies.
- Serve as the curriculum advisor for the ELL add-on endorsement for K-12 WA teachers offered through SPU’s Center for Professional Education.
- Develop and maintain a scholarly trajectory that includes publications and presentations, along with serving on School of Education and campus-wide committees.
- Duties may also include assessment, accreditation, edTPA, and licensure support. SPU, in its commitment to meeting the service needs of the region, expects faculty to engage in regional service, education, or study as part of their service responsibility.
- PhD or EdD in ELL / Bilingual Education, education of students from culturally or linguistically diverse backgrounds, or similar field of study (ABD candidates may apply). This faculty role includes the preparation of teachers to work in linguistically rich contexts, and applicants must have K-12 teaching experience with ELL populations. Knowledge of the application of TESOL/CAEP and WIDA standards as well as previous experience teaching undergraduate and graduate students is preferred.
- A successful candidate will bring a broad knowledge of expertise in teacher education. Candidates should articulate how language impacts content knowledge for English learners, exhibit proficiency in course design (traditional, online, and/or hybrid), demonstrate scholarly promise or evidence of scholarly work, and practice a collaborative approach to working with students and faculty.
- Our curriculum focuses on developing core competencies necessary for K-12 practitioners to realize educational equity for all learners. This faculty member will engage in teaching and research focused on bilingual, dual-language, and multilingual settings.
- Candidates need to provide evidence of a clear commitment to the Christian faith and the goals of social, racial, decolonial, and linguistic justice in the classroom.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Teacher Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Humanities Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- English as a Second Language Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle