Lecturer or Assistant Professor of Practice of Mechanical Engineering (non-tenure track)
Earliest Start Date
Hours per Week
Required Application Materials
A single PDF or Word document containing a curriculum vitae, letter of interest, a statement of teaching philosophy, a statement of research accomplishments, and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information is required to apply.
When prompted to upload your “resume”, upload your combined documents as one file.
- Please do not upload documents to “Cover Letter” or “References”.
If the required application materials were not uploaded at the “resume” prompt, please withdraw your application and re-apply to upload your combined documents as one file.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Texas at Tyler invites applications for one non tenure-track faculty position at the level of Lecturer or Assistant Professor of Practice to start Fall 2021. Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Good communication skills and commitment to excellence in teaching using a variety of methods and modalities.
- A strong commitment to engineering education in a student-centered environment while working on projects for, and connecting with, industrial and external partners.
- Master’s in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Doctorate in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Professional licensure or industrial experience.
- Ability to design and conduct experiential education, particularly in labs and hands-on projects.
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation.
- Exposure to standard office conditions.
- Sitting, Standing, Walking, and Bending.
About The University of Texas at Tyler
UT Tyler offers more than 80 undergraduate and graduate degrees,
including the BSME and MSME programs, which are offered in HEC as
Information about the college, the University, and the Tyler area can be found on the web at https://www.uttyler.edu/engineering/.
The University of Texas at Tyler is part of the prestigious University of Texas System that includes 14 institutions located throughout the state. Founded in 1971, UT Tyler today enrolls more than 10,000 students and consists of six colleges.
Our beautiful Tyler campus features more than 200 acres nestled along a lake and surrounded by thick pine and oak forests, providing a picturesque location for study and recreation. For student convenience, we also maintain regional campuses in Palestine and Longview, as well as a location in Houston.
We encourage you to visit our campus and see for yourself why UT Tyler is where you’ll feel at home—and find your best path.
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length. This position has the option to elect the Optional Retirement Program (ORP) instead of TRS, subject to the position being 40 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
The University of Texas at Tyler is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.