Senior Associate Director of Assessment, Planning, and Accreditation
The Senior Associate Director of Assessment, Planning, and Accreditation will support the Provost’s Office on the assessment of student learning and the evaluation of degree programs, services and systems related to student success, retention, graduation, career placement and academic innovation.
The ideal candidate is a collaborative leader familiar with institutional research, accreditation reporting, and site visit requirements to direct multiple projects and project teams simultaneously to ensure compliance. The ideal candidate will have broad assessment experience including survey development, text and data analysis, and program review and evaluation of academic and non-academic areas.
The Senior Associate Director uses advanced technical and management concepts to address highly complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. The Senior Associate Director will exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. The position, reporting to the Associate Provost, is assigned to projects of broad and diverse scope, size, impact, budget and/or project team size with considerable impact to the university.
The Senior Associate Director works collaboratively to ensure programs and activities are aligned with the university’s strategic plan and accreditation criteria. The position will partner with academic leadership, faculty, and staff in implementing, analyzing, and documenting assessment procedures to demonstrate the quality and viability of programs and services. The Senior Associate Director will assist the Associate Provost with program reviews, annual reporting, data collection and curation, course and curriculum, accreditation, assessments, and report generation and dissemination. The position will provide the effective leadership needed in the generation, analysis and dissemination of academic and administrative data to support Institute planning, program accreditation and institutional accreditation. In addition, the Senior Associate Director is responsible for collecting, curating, and sharing data and data-based reports, research briefs, and making presentations using data visualization techniques to highlight evidence of student impact, recognize best practices, and support improvement efforts.
- Master’s degree with strong emphasis on data analytics, reporting and assessment
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Skilled at working collaboratively with a range of Institute stakeholders
- Experience and knowledge of program- and institution-level accreditation in higher education especially standards, policies and procedures of NECHE and ABET
- Deep experience with online survey, evaluation, and assessment tools
- Strong skills with the Microsoft Office suite of products
- An understanding of contemporary higher education policy issues and how they impact assessment and accreditation reporting requirements
- Broad knowledge of analytical methodologies and multivariate statistical methods
- Excellent research methodology experience and skills
- Experience with direct access and analysis based upon student information systems and large data environments
- Experience with the development and/or use of data warehouse technology
- Experience with the use of data reporting software such as Argos, Cognos, or Microsoft Reporting Services
- Proficiency with data visualization software including Tableau
- Demonstrated experience in effective collaboration with peers and other professionals
- Ability to conduct peer-reviewed research
Wentworth is an AA/EEO employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please copy and paste the following link into your browser: https://jobs.wit.edu/postings/5241