Chair and MS Program Director, Orthotics and Prosthetics
Salus University, founded as the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in 1919, today is a diversified, globally recognized professional academic center of learning that offers a wide range of degree programs in the professions of Optometry, Audiology, Physician Assistant, Public Health, Education and Rehabilitation for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Biomedicine, Occupational Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology. Salus operates four clinical facilities in the Philadelphia area that provide highly specialized vision, hearing and balance, and speech-language pathology services. The University has more than 1,100 students, including PhD candidates, and more than 12,500 alumni worldwide. For more information, please visit www.salus.edu.
We currently have a full-time position available for a Chair and MS Program Director for our Department of Orthotics and Prosthetics. This is a faculty position at the Associate Professor/Professor level that reports to the Dean, College of Health Sciences, Education and Rehabilitation. Primary functions include leadership and administration of the Department, direction of the Master of Science (MS) Degree Program and acting as a key Liaison between for the Department of Orthotics and Prosthetics, Administrators Leaders and Faculty within the College of Health Sciences, Education and Rehabilitation, Salus University Leaders/Administrators, University Faculty and Staff; and Local, Regional, State, National and International Constituencies. You will also act as the Chief Advocate for the sustainability and thriving of the Department of Orthotics and Prosthetics and the College of Health Sciences, Education and Rehabilitation
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects demographic and evaluative data, analyzes data, and writes timely reports to NCOPE, CAAHEP, HES, PDE, MSCHE and the University.
- Oversees quality and quantity of service to various constituents associated with the Department of Orthotics and Prosthetics (O&P) including internal constituents (O&P Department students, faculty, and staff), Salus University constituents (CHER department chairs/program directors, dean and associate dean, CHER faculty, other Salus University select leadership, faculty, staff, and students’ cross academic disciplines); and external constituents (on-campus and external clinic supervisors,
- Markets the Department and M.S. Degree graduate program in Orthotics and Prosthetics by continuously upgrading the Department website, program brochures, customer giveaways, webinars, and through community-based exhibits and service activities. Interact with Marketing and Admissions Departments as appropriate for` their program marketing initiatives. Assures that O&P faculty and staff participate in marketing activities.
- Oversees curriculum development and modifications; seeks and obtains curriculum approvals through appropriate university channels.
- Recruits and employs teaching and clinical faculty with content expertise and appropriate credentials who can develop and implement academic and clinical coursework that adheres to standards set forth by NCOPE and CAAHEP.
- Implements and communicates policies and procedures pertaining to conditions and responsibilities for faculty appointments and employment as they relate to the O&P program
- Evaluates and recommends departmental faculty for promotion and tenure and, in turn, makes recommendations to the Dean of the College of Health Sciences, Education and Rehabilitation.
- Engages in annual departmental budget planning and management and in institutional planning by developing specific goals and objectives for the O&P program. Leads department faculty in strategic plan implementation. Reviews and updates plan on an annual basis.
- Secures or assists clinical faculty in securing maintaining and evaluating external clinical rotation sites for O&P students’ placements.
- Assists in programmatic and fiscal viability by securing intramural and extramural funding (grants and contracts).
- Serves as coordinator and teacher of courses as appropriate.
- Maintains viable research and service portfolio.
- Maximizes resources and maintains high faculty and staff morale.
- Minimum of five years of successful academic administration in an O&P program.
- A broad understanding of O&P and its present and future role within a complex and dynamic health care and educational system.
- Earned doctorate in O&P or related field.
- Credentialed in the profession of Orthotics & Prosthetics through a certification program accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) or hold a professional license as is required by the state in which he/she is employed.
- Academic accomplishments appropriate for appointment as Associate Professor or Professor
- A commitment to excellence in education, research, and service.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to maintain effective relationships with a variety of internal and external constituencies of the College.
- Proven management and leadership skills.
Other Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Funded grant work or grant writing experience
- Knowledge and expertise in the clinical practice of O&P
- Expertise in the field of O&P graduate education
- Teaching expertise using biomedical sciences and evidence-based practice
Salus offers a comprehensive benefits package. Please send your application via: http://www.salus.edu/About/Human-Resources/Employment-Opportunities.aspx
Salus University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women/Minorities/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Elkins Park
- Health & Medicine Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Elkins Park
- Other Health & Medicine Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Elkins Park
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Elkins Park
- Academic Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Elkins Park