Director of NJ Tutoring Corps
New Jersey Tutoring Corps – Statewide DirectorState Title: Project Specialist The New Jersey Tutoring Corps, funded by the NJ Pandemic Relief Fund and the Overdeck Family Foundation, will provide tutoring for K-6 students in New Jersey to address pandemic-related learning loss. The program emphasizes mathematics learning, with a limited focus on literacy. The tutoring will be embedded in established networks of community-based organizations in high-need communities. These organizations have sites and programs that students already attend or engage with during the summer, eliminating the need for identification and recruitment of youth while ensuring that there is a degree of community trust in the programs. During the summer of 2021, each tutor will work with groups of 3-5 students in one-hour sessions, meeting three times per week, offering consistent relationships and ongoing assessment of learning growth. Tutors will be hired for up to 20 hours per week and are likely to work with multiple groups of students. The Director will be a senior administrator with very strong organizational skills and background in elementary education, preferably with experience working with high-needs students or underserved children and with expertise in math education. The Statewide Director will oversee all academic and programmatic operations, including recruitment of tutors and site coordinators, supervising a program assistant and business assistant, selecting a curricular model, and oversight and management of training for tutors, creating an evaluation plan in collaboration with an external evaluator, and assessing regular progress. Experience in fundraising is desired. Professional Requirements:
- Master’s Degree or higher in Education or related field of study.
- At least 10 years of teaching or other K-12 educational experience
- Excellent management and supervisory skills, including experience with complex logistics, budget, and program oversight
- Experience managing large scale projects
- Experience supervising office staff and educators
- Teacher certification
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and use of computer base applications.
- Certification as administrator or supervisor
- Expertise in mathematics education
- Professional experience with high-needs students
- Experience as school or district leader.