Enrollment Assistant, Smyrna Campus
MOTLOW STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
is accepting applications for the following position:
Enrollment Assistant, Smyrna Campus
Position number: B99714
Motlow State is the fastest growing college in Tennessee. We are located in the beautiful rolling hills of middle Tennessee and have four campuses that serve students from eleven counties. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes an excellent retirement package from the state of Tennessee, 401K plan with match, thirteen paid annual holidays in addition to annual and sick leave days, health and dental insurance, tuition discounts, and state employee discounts. Motlow positions are contingent upon funding availability and budget approval.
- Holds an associate degree or higher (Note: Experience may be substituted in lieu of necessary academic credential)
- Possess one year or more of professional experience beyond high school
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Previous office administration and/or clerical experience
- Proficient use of the language of U.S. English.
- Experience working in a higher education office environment
- Previous interactions with students
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
Serves as one of the primary contacts in the Smyrna Campus One-Stop for current and
prospective students. Assists students with inquiries regarding admissions, financial aid,
tuition/fee payment, and other business office functions. Provides support for all One-Stop administrative staff (e.g. Recruiting and New Student Services; TN Promise; TN Reconnect; I.T.).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist students and parents/families with admission questions and issues in the office and
- over the phone (e.g. admissions applications; high school/college transcripts,
- immunizations; transcript requests; proof of citizenship; state residency; test scores; and
- other general account information).
- Process admissions documentation in the Banner system (e.g. high school transcripts, immunization health history forms; proof of citizenship documentation; ACT/SAT test
- scores; etc.).
- Perform scanning activities in the Banner system.
- Assist students and parents/families with Business Office questions and issues in the
- office and over the phone (e.g. tuition/fees; past due balances; parking tickets; vehicle
- registration; parking passes; fee waivers/discounts; reimbursement/balance of financial
- aid checks; verification for Financial Aid; TN Promise; TN Reconnect; Hope scholarship;
- FAFSA application process; FSA ID; tax forms; state/federal grants; scholarships; etc.).
- Process payments (e.g. tuition/fees; past due balances; parking tickets; replacement
- parking passes; etc.).
- Direct students and parents/families to the appropriate internal or external departments
- (e.g. local state, and/or federal agencies) with any issues beyond the ability of the
- institution to assist with.
- Maintain an ongoing understanding of federal, state, and institutional regulations
regarding Admissions and Records, Business Office, and Financial Aid.
- Send out correspondence as required.
- Actively participate in assembling information for various reports and projects.
- Assist administrative staff in efforts associated with Recruiting and New Student
- Services; TN promise; and TN Reconnect projects as needed.
- Operate office machines and equipment.
- Assist with new student orientations and other events as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President of Student Success (and/or their designee).
Human Resources Office, Dept. 200
Motlow State Community College
Telephone (931) 393-1592, TDD (931 393-1621)
Motlow College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Sections 504/ADA Employer
Motlow State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities.