Assistant, Associate or Full Professor of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Department of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences (PTRS) at Drexel University invites applications for two 12-month tenure track faculty positions at the rank of assistant, associate, or full professor. Successful candidates will be outstanding research scientists focused on developing and maintaining strong research enterprises supported through extramural funding including federal sources. Protected time for research / scholarship and start-up packages will be provided to help individuals achieve their goals. Research focus areas with strong funding opportunities that address major societal health problems are of interest (e.g., neuroscience and neurorehabilitation, aging, pain, health care disparities, obesity, diabetes, cancer, osteoarthritis, autism, regenerative rehabilitation, health services / health policy research).
About the Department of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences: The mission of the Department of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences is to advance the profession of physical therapy and rehabilitation sciences by providing exemplary education, research, service, and clinical practice. The Department has 15 core faculty lines. We offer a PhD program in Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, a professional DPT program, and a DHSc program in Rehabilitation Sciences. We also have post-professional residency programs in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy and Pediatric Physical Therapy and operate a faculty physical therapy practice with three clinics. We are located in the College of Nursing & Health Professions on Drexel University's Center City Campus in Philadelphia.
The PTRS Department has about 10,000 square feet of research lab space containing high quality instrumentation characteristic of leading rehabilitation research centers. Ample PhD/post-doctoral fellow office space, shared data management labs, research conference rooms, research record filing rooms, and consent rooms are available. A full-time engineer supports Department researchers with equipment support, fabrication, and lab compliance. Research labs are located close to our physical therapy clinic to facilitate clinical research. Basic science laboratories are also located in a separate building nearby. Opportunities for collaboration exist within the College of Nursing and Health Professions and with researchers in the College of Medicine, College of Engineering, School of Biomedical Engineering, and School of Public Health. Additional opportunities are offered through the many Universities, health care centers, and community partnerships in the Philadelphia region.
Interested candidates should contact:
Margaret Finley, PT, PhD
Chair, Tenure Track Search Committee
1601 Cherry Street, MS-502
Philadelphia, PA 19102
For more information about Drexel University, please visit www.drexel.edu.
- Candidates in this position will provide research/scholarship, instruction and service. Clinical practice opportunities are available if desired.
- PhD, Rehabilitation Sciences or related field
- 0-3 years of experience
- Post-doctoral training, career development award, or evidence of similar strong research training experience if the candidate has not already achieved research independence
- Focus on developing and/or maintaining a strong research enterprise supported through extramural funding including federal grants
- Well-defined research plan and goals including the mentoring of doctoral students
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Evidence of innovative thinking, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Commitment to team-science and research collaboration
- Alignment with the mission and direction of the PTRS
- Pennsylvania physical therapy licensure or eligibility
- Expertise that compliments our current faculty and potential collaborators within the College of Nursing & Health Professions and Drexel University
- Teaching experience in physical therapy and-or rehabilitation sciences
- Clinical experience
Applications should include:
1) a cover letter that outlines the candidate's qualifications, experience, and interest,
2) a curriculum vitae,
3) a brief statement of the candidate's research direction and goals,
4) a brief statement of teaching philosophy and interests, and 5) three references that can be contacted if the applicant is selected as a candidate of choice.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Physical Therapy Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Middle City East