Adjunct Instructor in Biology
Doane University College of Arts and Science invites applications for an adjunct Instructor in the Biology department to teach one section of Biostatistics during each semester for the 2021-2022 academic year. Depending on Departmental needs and candidate experience there may be an opportunity to teach other courses in the department as well.
The Doane University Biology Department is a national leader with a curriculum built around the key concepts and competencies outlined in the AAAS Vision & Change report. The Biology Department values dedicated educators who engage their students in genuine inquiry in the classroom.
The duties associated with the teaching assignment include:
- Developing and/or updating a class syllabus.
- Preparation of lectures.
- Maintaining regularly scheduled office hours.
- Presenting instruction based on the competencies and performance levels of the course.
- Meeting all designated class periods. Submitting completed final grades according to College regulations.
- Grading student assignments and exams in a timely manner.
- Providing department forms for student evaluations.
Doane University actively works to create and sustain a welcoming learning community for all members to fulfill their potential, feel valued, and make meaningful contributions to the University. Doane University is an equal opportunity employer and seeks candidates who reflect the diversity of our society. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Doane is unable to sponsor applicants for work visas.
Apply at www.doane.edu/jobs with a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, and contact information for three references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.