Assistant, Associate or Full Teaching Professor, Health Sciences
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Department of Health Sciences at Drexel University invites applications for multiple non-tenure track faculty positions at the rank of assistant, associate, or full professor. Successful candidates will be dedicated to teaching and enthusiastic about establishing a line of scholarship and service that supports academic career growth and the Department’s mission including undergraduate research. A major focus of these positions is helping the Department achieve its teaching mission. Protected time for research and support for career development and scholarship will be provided. Candidates who have gained expertise in content areas associated with major societal health problems are of particular interest for these positions. These content areas include, but are not limited to: exercise physiology, muscle physiology, cardiovascular physiology, neurophysiology and neuroscience, aging, biomechanics, sensorimotor control, cancer, diabetes, and-or obesity. Candidates with this type of expertise who are physical therapists, occupational therapists, physician assistants, or medical doctors will be particularly considered as valuable to advancing the department’s mission and initiatives.
- Responsibilities will include course instruction in the Health Sciences program, service to the College and University, and other duties as assigned.
- PhD, Health Sciences or a related field
- Commitment to teaching, scholarship, and service and growth as an academic faculty member.
- A defined scholarly agenda germane to health sciences.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Evidence of innovative thinking, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Commitment to teamwork and the Department’s success/growth.
- Alignment with the goals and direction of the Health Sciences Department.
- Teaching experience in higher education
- Expertise that compliments our current faculty and potential collaborators within the College of Nursing and Health Professions and Drexel University
- Experience with mentoring students in undergraduate research
Center City – Phildaelphia, PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Other Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Middle City East