Department Chair for Education
Title: Department Chair, Education
This is an open-rank, tenure track position beginning ideally
around July 2021. Please submit all application
materials by Monday, May 3rd, 2021 for priority
Daemen College seeks a highly experienced and innovative professional with demonstrated administrative ability to assume a leadership role in the Department of Education. The successful candidate will have a record of leadership in higher education, scholarship, as well as significant teaching experience in one or more of the following areas: Special Education; Secondary Education; Literacy or Higher Education Administration.
The position of Chair is an exciting opportunity for an effective and innovative educator with superior management skills, expertise in curriculum/program planning and development, and the ability to support, encourage, and unite colleagues.
The successful candidate will possess strong communication, organization, administrative, and fiduciary skills, and a willingness to contribute to and support teaching and learning environments that promote cultural sensitivity and diversity. Knowledge of the Association for Advancing Quality in Accreditation (AAQEP) accreditation process and standards, and New York State requirements for teacher preparation and certification is highly also preferable along with knowledge regarding online teaching pedagogy.
The Chairperson will oversee the Department of Education on our
Amherst Campus and work as a leadership team with the
administration overseeing our Branch Campus-based teacher
preparation programs, located in Brooklyn, New York. The successful
candidate will also exhibit a strong desire to promote within
faculty and teacher candidates, a commitment to an established
paradigm for lifelong-learning.
- Earned Doctorate from a regionally accredited institution in Special Education, Secondary Education,
- Literacy or Higher Education is highly preferable;
- An active record of teaching at P-12 and/or higher education levels, and a demonstrated commitment to teacher preparation programs is also strongly recommended;
- At least three years of demonstrated teaching effectiveness in the higher education arena;
- Demonstrated administration skills, and strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills;
- Specific experience with preparing college faculty workloads;
- Time management and organizational skills;
- Experience recruiting and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty and staff;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computer applications and software expected of a teaching professional, faculty member, and administrator;
- Honesty, integrity, and commitment to maintaining the highest of professional standards;
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of program assessment and methods to evaluate students, program outcomes and faculty members;
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information;
- Ability to interface with students, faculty, staff and community members with tact and clarity;
- An established record of leadership in educational settings, service to professional organizations, and previous administrative experience;
- Knowledge of program planning, development, and fiscal management.
Primary duties include:
- Teach both Graduate and Undergraduate education class, with 50% release time;
- Maintain alignment of existing departmental learning goals with AAQEP standards and outcome expectations;
- Ensure appropriate evaluation of all curriculum;
- Prepare workloads and budgets; monitor budget activity;
- Coordinate all teacher preparation program operations and resources;
- Develop program budget, and policies/procedures;
- Provide oversight to the student teaching coordinator and data manager;
- Liaise with College's Instructional Technology (IT) support
team to ensure an adequate and supportive teaching and learning
students and faculty;
- Host student orientation and advisement sessions as well as ensure faculty involvement at admissions events;
- Roles/responsibilities associated with departmental meetings, College committees, and professional development activities;
- Stay current on contemporary issues and trends in education;
- Complete faculty member annual evaluations;
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
Daemen College is a small private, co-educational institution
offering Baccalaureate, Masters and entry-level Doctoral degrees in
a wide variety of professional and liberal arts programs.
Located on a scenic suburban campus in Western New York, Daemen
College is a dynamic institution with 2,800 full and part-time
students. The College recently celebrated its 70th anniversary and
is recognized as an institution of national distinction with
decades of experience offering robust, high quality academic
This is a twelve-month full-time appointment reporting to the Dean of Health and Human Services. Faculty rank of Assistant or Associate Professor will be based on previous teaching, administrative experience, and record of scholarship.
Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package included. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a successful candidate is identified.
For consideration please submit CV, letter of interest, and contact information for three professional references in a single attachment to http://daemen.applicantpro.com. Incomplete packages will not be considered.
The successful candidate must be able to begin the position ideally around July 2021. Please submit all application materials by Monday, May 3rd, 2021 for priority consideration.
This is a full-time position. Benefits are available the first of the month following the full-time employee's date of hire and include health, dental, vision insurance, and fully paid life insurance. In addition, we offer fully paid long term disability insurance after 3 months of employment. Eligibility for the 403b retirement plan is available to full-time employees upon hire and an 8% employer match after one year of service. Tuition waiver benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Daemen College is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications from women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities and candidates who will contribute to and support the cultural fluency and diversity of our campus. Apply directly at https://daemen.applicantpro.com/jobs/
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Amherst
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Amherst
- Education Administration & Leadership Tenured/Tenured Track $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Amherst
- Other Education Tenured/Tenured Track $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Amherst