Research Technician III
Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Immunology, Allergy and Retrovirology Service at Texas Children’s Hospital is seeking a highly motivated, responsible, and organized individual to join a research team focused on Food Allergy. The Food Allergy Program is a rapidly growing program and the Research Technician III will help meet the needs of this program that serves the children and families of Houston and the surrounding areas, the Southeast Region of Texas, nationally, and internationally.
The Research Technician III will perform routine elements of research that require the use of skills, technical and academic knowledge to follow established procedures and record results. This individual will also coordinate communication between investigators and other members of the team.
- Works with a team to coordinate the collection, processing, and shipping of samples.
- Handles blood and tissue samples with sterile technique.
- Documents results of experiments.
- Orders laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Helps with the conducting of laboratory research experiments.
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study or project.
- Selects, evaluates, and applies techniques used in routine research.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment.
- Stocks and orders supplies.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston