Senior Staff Scientist
Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Immunology, Allergy and Retrovirology Service at Texas Children's Hospital is seeking a highly motivated, responsible, and organized individual to join the Food Allergy Research Program (FAP) as a Senior Staff Scientist. The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting basic laboratory investigations to determine the function of immunologic cells in food allergic disease and conduct translational research for the FAP, have the ability to dispense and compound pharmaceuticals, and have experience with FDA and IRB regulatory requirements and drug control.
The Senior Staff Scientist will also have a major role in assisting in project management, experimental design and execution, supervising the operations of a Food Allergy Manufacturing Facility, training postdoctoral fellows and post-baccalaureate students, managing internal lab meetings, manuscript preparation, and maintaining continuity within the research Food Allergy Program laboratory and the Manufacturing Facility.
- Ensures accuracy in dispensing drugs and supplies, completing documentation and records, assisting clinicians with drug treatment plans, and serving as a resource regarding pharmaceutical issues.
- Detects, prevents, evaluates, and reports, when necessary, for adverse drug events.
- Responsible for coordinating the procurement, storage, preparation, distribution, compounding, monitoring, control, and dispensing of medications and supplies.
- Plans, directs and conducts research experiments.
- Performs ELISA, PCR, WESTERN BLOT, and BCA protein assays.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Develops research techniques and performs applications required for specific research projects.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- Supervises, schedules, and coordinates the activities of less experienced research staff.
- Doctoral Degree. Experience may not be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Seven years of postdoctoral research experience.
- Degree in Pharmacy, Immunology, Microbiology, Vaccinology, Protein Biology, Infectious Disease.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; PD
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston