Assistant Professor of Special Education (Tenure Track)
Title: Assistant Professor of Special Education
Teaching/Semester Time Frame: 09/01/21-5/31/22 } 9 month contract (paid over 12 months)
Full time, Tenure-track, with opportunity for renewal.
Daemen College is a small private institution offering Baccalaureate, Masters, and entry-level Doctoral degrees in a wide variety of professional and liberal arts programs. Daemen College is a dynamic institution with over 2,600 full and part-time students with a rich history in education. https://www.daemen.edu/academics/areas-study/education
The Department of Education invites applications for an immediate opening for an assistant professor position for special education to begin September 2021.
- Required qualifications: include an earned doctorate in special education with a depth of study and research in teacher education given current NYSED standards.
- Responsibilities: Our education programs have a strong focus on the learner, critical inquiry, and mastery practice. Professional responsibilities include teaching, scholarly development, student advisement, and service.
For consideration, applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, graduate transcripts (copies acceptable), evidence of teaching effectiveness and scholarly activity, and three letters of reference (at least one about teaching). Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
This is a full-time position. Benefits are available the first of the month following the full-time employee's date of hire and include health, dental, vision insurance, and fully paid life insurance. In addition, we offer fully paid long term disability insurance after 3 months of employment. Eligibility for the 403b retirement plan is available to full-time employees upon hire and an 8% employer match after one year of service. Tuition waiver benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Daemen College is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications from women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities and candidates who will contribute to and support the cultural fluency and diversity of our campus. Apply directly at https://daemen.applicantpro.com/jobs/
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Amherst
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Amherst
- Special Education Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Amherst
- Teacher Education Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Amherst