Research Technician II
The Ray Lab at the BCM Department of Neuroscience is seeking a Research Technician II. The Ray laboratory studies the neural control of breathing its role in congenital disorders, neurodegenerative disorders, and respiratory infections using genetically engineered mouse models.
The Ray Lab is seeking a highly motivated individual to carry out animal management and general lab duties. Responsibilities of this position are split between the laboratory and the mouse room. Laboratory responsibilities include PCR genotyping, general lab organization and ordering, tissue harvest, and cryosectioning. Vivarium responsibilities include husbandry, weaning, record keeping, and communication with vivarium staff. The lab provides an interactive and stimulating environment with opportunities for independence and career growth.
- Perform mouse husbandry including breeding, weaning, euthanasia as needed to maintain multiple mouse strains.
- PCR genotyping of mouse offspring.
- Maintain accurate mouse husbandry and genotyping records using database software.
- Harvest and process tissue from experimental animals for histology or immunostaining.
- Assist with ongoing experimental work to include physiological testing, data analysis, microscopy, or other tasks as needed.
- Assist with oversight of supply inventory, procurement and compliance.
- Environmental waste management for the lab.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience handling lab mice or rats and working with genetically engineered lines, prior experience with basic laboratory techniques. including PCR or histology.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston