Senior Coordinator, Research Operations
The Department of Neuroscience at Baylor College of Medicine is focused on research that includes information processing in visual, auditory, and vestibular systems; neural mechanisms mediating higher nervous system functions, including perception, learning, memory, attention, and decision making; development and regeneration in the central and peripheral nervous system; and the development of new technologies to read and stimulate neural activity, including functional magnetic neuroimaging, transcranial magnetic stimulation, and two-photon microscopy.
This position is located at the main Baylor College of Medicine campus, in the Texas Medical Center.
The Memory and Brain Research Center (MBRC) in the Department of Neuroscience is offering a highly motivated and competent professional the opportunity to serve as a Senior Coordinator in a team-based lab/office setting. The role’s primary responsibilities will be to provide administrative support to the MBRC Director and the MBRC faculty members which includes various business operations for the center.
Center Support (Director + MBRC faculty):
- Serve as the assistant to the Director in coordinating and maintaining his calendar, scheduling appointments, business meetings, draft correspondence, proofread and/or edit proposals and booking travel.
- Perform administrative duties for MBRC. This includes coordinating logistics of several projects, booking travel, handling reimbursements, managing meetings and schedules, and handling recruitment for several PIs.
- Monitor financial activity by compiling, reviewing and reconciling financial accounts for MBRC and the Director’s grant portfolio.
- Oversees all expenditures of grant funds for Director. This includes keeping accurate records of all lab expenses and producing expenditure reports as needed. Will be responsible in reconciling invoices and accounts in the center. Will need to be aware of any associated budgetary issues related to various projects.
- Responsible for ordering supplies including the purchase of equipment and pharmaceuticals and keeping track of deliveries and communicating with vendors.
- Arrange service calls for laboratory equipment and its maintenance.
- Reconcile Purchasing (P-Card) and Corporate Cards transactions for the Director and MBRC faculty.
- Create and process SAP financial documents (budget revisions, purchase orders, check requests, and journal entries).
- Submit reimbursements in Concur for the Director and MBRC faculty.
- Support the department by performing all other duties as assigned.
- Responsible coordinating all Facilities work, including renovations, repairs, etc. for MBRC.
- Supervise laboratory staff personnel. Ensure lab personnel are up to date with all required animal training.
- Coordinate import/export of animals to and from domestic and international destinations.
- Maintain dues and memberships of various professional organizations, certifications and DEA license.
- Assist the Director with preparation of Annual Plan for Strategic Research Centers to Office of Research.
- Support the Director and faculty in updating the faculty CVs (i.e biosketches).
- Assist the Director with preparation of grants and subcontracts submissions internally using BRAIN and externally via various sponsor sites.
- Support the Director in development and submission of progress reports, noncompeting continuations and no-cost extensions. This will also involve drafting BRAIN proposals and organizing necessary files for each submission.
- Assist with submission of IBC, IRB and Animal Protocols. Assists the investigator in reporting and responding to institutional review committees' and other regulatory agencies' inquiries or comments. Assist with submission of amendments and renewals of all IBC, IRB and Animal Protocols.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Four years of relevant experience is required.
- Knowledge and/or background in using Microsoft Office tools (e.g. Word, PowerPoint and Excel), SAP, Concur and BRAIN.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Faculty Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston