Senior Assistant Director Student Financial Services
Suffolk University is a private, urban university located in the heart of downtown Boston. Our college green is the Boston Common and we are steps from dozens of historic sites including the Old State House, Faneuil Hall, City Hall and the Massachusetts State House. We have no real boundaries to our campus—Boston and Suffolk blend together.
Suffolk has been committed to creating an exceptional learning experience since 1906. Our vision is to be recognized as a dynamic institution that fosters engaged learning, rigorous scholarship, innovative thinking, and community collaboration across disciplines. We will ensure that Suffolk graduates are versatile and prepared for modern society and the new world market. We will provide rich curricula, experiential learning opportunities and professional mentoring through increased collaboration with alumni and community partners. We will recruit, mentor, and support a diverse faculty of teacher-scholars who are passionately committed to preparing our students to be leaders in the global community. We will inspire investment in a Suffolk community that is built on ethical, forward-thinking leadership, teamwork, and cooperation.
We compete for the best talent. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse community. We are actively seeking applicants from groups that might be under-represented because of race/color, gender, religion, real or perceived disability, national origin or LGBTQ status. As part of our commitment we encourage you to complete the demographic portion of the application in addition to submitting your cover letter and resume/CV as it will assist us in targeting our recruitment efforts.Please note that Suffolk University conducts background checks as a condition of employment.
We are also committed to the well-being of our employees. Our terrific benefits package for benefits-eligible positions include, but are not limited to:
- Generous paid time-off programs and commitment to work-life balance
- Tuition free course benefits in the College of Arts and Sciences and in the Sawyer Business School for employees with additional tuition benefits for spouses, domestic partners, and children
- Top-notch well-being care available through Harvard Pilgrim Medical/Delta Dental and a Flexible Spending Account
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Employee Assistance Program that provides employees and their family members with initial assessment, referrals and short-term counseling for personal and work challenges
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- Responsible for undergraduate student awards. Provide assistance with all aspects of awarding and verification for a portion of the undergraduate student population.
- Provide support for the administration of the Federal Direct Loan Program, including assistance with origination, disbursement, and reconciliation.
- Assist with compliance-related projects including Satisfactory Academic progress evaluation, transfer monitoring, and verification reporting.
- Administer the University’s Yellow Ribbon (VA) scholarship program.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- Requires prior experience in a college/university financial aid office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary.
- Candidates should have attention to detail and desire to work in a fast-paced customer service setting.
This position along with others in the Office of Student Financial Services reports to the Managing Associate Director of Student Financial Services. The Senior Assistant Director will assist other staff members with all aspects of the awarding process, including verification and determining student eligibility. In addition, the Senior Assistant Director will assist with the administration of the Federal Direct Loan Program and compliance-related matters. Suffolk University is implementing Workday Student. This role is available to provide expertise and coverage for the daily operations during the project implementation which is expected to continue through October 1, 2023. As a result, this role is time-limited and expected to end October 1, 2023. Remote work and schedule flexibility for the duration of the role is an option the hiring team will consider.
Suffolk University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.