Information Technology Services Associate - Part Time
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES ASSOCIATE - PART TIME
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
The basic function of this position is to support the computer hardware and software used by students, administrators, faculty, and staff in a variety of academic settings and to achieve student success.
- Provides computer hardware and software technical support both in-person and remotely to students, administrators, faculty, and staff.
- Maintains, installs, and tests software applications on computer hardware throughout the college.
- Submits help desk tickets to assist students, administrators, faculty, and staff with technology related issues
- Protects physical technology assets in public areas and other settings, through ongoing equipment refresh, planning maintenance, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and asset inventory management.
- Manages, tracks, and protects equipment that is designated for use by students, administrators, faculty, and staff.
- Facilitates use of equipment for various internal and external events.
- Assembles and disassembles equipment on-site before and after classes.
- Provides limited training to audio-visual/multi-media equipment users.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to, adherence to after hours, emergency, holiday and/or on-call schedule.
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Processing or related area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with a history of progressively increasing responsibility and accomplishments, preferably, in a college or comparable academic setting.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience.
- Knowledge and experience with supporting both Windows and Macintosh platforms.
- Knowledge of all current versions of Microsoft Windows (XP, Windows 7), all current internet browsers (IE, Chrome, Safari) including networking concepts and general technical troubleshooting skills.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Great team player and self-starter.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago