Note Taker - Part-Time
NOTE TAKER – PART-TIME
WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE
Wright’s Disability Access Center (DAC) seeks a qualified Note Taker. A Note Taker attends classes with students who have disabilities (i.e., visual or hearing impairments, learning or other disabilities) to take thorough, legible, and organized notes from classroom lectures, including exam dates, assignments, and other pertinent information.
Wright is looking for Note Takers with a passion for learning and a strong commitment to the mission and ideals of the community college. The DAC serves as City Colleges of Chicago's (CCC) point of contact and coordination for students with disabilities. The DAC provides a wide range of services and assistance to ensure students with disabilities are able to achieve their maximum potential. The short-term goal is to help students with disabilities succeed in their academic pursuits. The long-term goal of DAC services is designed to assist students make the transition from college to work.
- Takes notes in class for students with disabilities.
- Reads printed material aloud for students with visual
- Transcribes for students with mobility impairments.
- Assists students with visual impairments in math classes by
copying information from the board in large print.
- Assists students who are visually impaired by using raised line
drawing materials to produce tactile graphs used in math
- Assists students with visual impairments in science labs by
providing verbal descriptions of visual information.
- Serves as a proctor for students with disabilities during
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of one year
post-secondary educational experience.
- Must possess an understanding of the basic issues pertinent to
communication with students who have disabilities.
- Ability to take thorough and organized notes utilizing
available technology from information presented verbally in
- Must have legible handwriting, accurate spelling, use of
acceptable grammar, and proficiency in use of computers.
- Must possess good organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!