Salary: $15.00 per hour
The Helpdesk Assistant provides support to end users for basic computer and mobile device software and hardware issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves routine technical problems, escalating to more senior personnel as required. Responds to telephone, email, and walk-in requests for technical support.
- Answers the Information Technology Help Desk tickets, emails, and phone as required.
- Troubleshoots computer and multimedia issues in Academic Labs and Smart Classrooms.
- Troubleshoots computer, multimedia and WiFi issues for Faculty, Staff and Students.
- Resets end-user passwords.
- Schedules and delivers multimedia equipment for presentations.
- Assists end-users with configuring smart phones for access to MVCC email and WiFi systems.
- Provides basic training and assistance to end-users on access to file storage resources.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Graduated with or pursuing, an Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience troubleshooting computer, multimedia, and mobile devices.
- Effective communications and customer services skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 4/25/2021
Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, different abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica