Assistant/Associate Professor of Educational Administration
Position Type Faculty, Tenure Track Classification Title Assistant/Associate Professor Position's Functional Title Assistant/Associate Professor of Educational Administration Position Start Date 01/01/2022 Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
The Division of Education at Governors State University in University Park, Illinois, United States, invites candidates to apply for a tenure-track assistant/associate professor position in the Educational Administration program to begin January 2022 or August 2022 (depending on candidate availability). This is a full-time, ten-month position. The position requires quality teaching, sustained scholarship, and productive service as defined by the contract. The programs served are in the Division of Education in the College of Education and primarily work with the master’s degree in Educational Administration (Principal Leadership), graduate certificate in Teacher Leadership, and Interdisciplinary Leadership doctoral program (Superintendent Leadership). The program is an institutional member of the International Council for Professors of Educational Leadership and their Illinois affiliate.
Interested candidates must have 1) passion and commitment to develop leaders who will improve the educational outcomes of diverse communities; 2) strong potential for teaching, scholarship, and service in educational administration/leadership; 3) strong communication skills; and 4) robust commitment to technology. The essential duties include:
• Teach graduate courses on the University Park campus, at external cohort locations, and online
• Supervise school leadership internships at external field locations
• Engage in sustained scholarship and service at the local, state, and national levels
• Collaborate with faculty in the program’s continuous improvement and development process, including external accreditation with the Council for Accreditation of Education Preparation ( CAEP )
• Engage with local, state, and national organizations and associations in education
• Engage with partners to support school leaders, policymakers, and community organizations, including development of external cohort partnerships and outreach to potential candidates
• Serve on graduate Capstone committees
Governors State University ( GSU ) was founded in 1969, originally as an upper-division institution with a primary focus of serving community college graduates pursuing baccalaureate degrees. During the five intervening decades, GSU has grown to become the only regional, public, comprehensive university in Chicago’s south suburban area, serving approximately 6,000 students annually in 85 different bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and certificate programs. GSU features a highly diverse faculty and staff of roughly 1,000 employees that reflect the students and community we serve. GSU provides accessible, high value undergraduate and graduate education to culturally and economically diverse students from across the region and around the world. From its mission statement, Governors State University is committed to offering an exceptional and accessible education that prepares students with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a global society.
Students benefit from the university’s high academic quality, range of convenient class times, increasing hybrid and online offerings, and outstanding educational value. The exceptionally beautiful campus is conveniently located within easy reach by road and rail to Chicago and surrounding communities that have a wealth of cultural and natural attractions. The highly diverse region GSU serves has a number of high performing schools and engaged communities as well as struggling urban, suburban, and rural communities. GSU seeks to serve as a public square, working to foster educational opportunities for all populations.
• Earned doctorate in educational administration/leadership or a related field
• Two years of experience as a Principal in K-12/P-21 education
• Illinois licensure qualifying to work as a principal by the start of employment
• Completion of Illinois training for initial qualification to evaluate certificated educators by the start of employment
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate
• Proven commitment to school improvement, progress, and innovation
• Excellent communication and technology skills
• Two years of experience as a Superintendent and/or Chief School Business Official ( CSBO ) in K-12/P-21 education
• Illinois licensure qualifying to work as a Superintendent and/or CSBO by the start of employment
• Completion of Illinois training to evaluate principals by the start of employment
• Prior experience in higher education with successful performance teaching in the following areas:
Superintendent Licensure and
• Record of experience and/or scholarship in culturally-responsive teaching and leadership, working with diverse populations, and leading for social justice
- Willingness to build partnerships with school leaders,
community organizations, and associations and organizations in
education, with a focus on equity and diversity
• Strong record of scholarship, or demonstrated potential, in the field of K-12/P-21 educational administration/leadership
Review of candidates will commence immediately and continue until position is filled. Priority attention given to the candidates who apply by May 1, 2021.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- * What is/are your doctorate(s) in?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Will you have a Doctorate Degree in hand by the date of
appointment or an advanced ABD by the date of the
(Open Ended Question)
- * Briefly list your area(s) of research or teaching
(Open Ended Question)
- * Experience teaching in online/hybrid delivery?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of References
- Research Documents
- Certification/Professional License
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Special Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest