Instructional Designer (Part-time)
Instructional Designer (Part-time)
Multiple Campus Locations, Multiple Campus Locations
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experienced Instructional Designer (Part-time)
Assist faculty in the design, implementation and maintenance of courses in conjunction with the Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) of their teaching requirements. Assist faculty and staff in the use of the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS), the Quality Matters (QM) course review process, as well as other related technologies through appointments, workshops and other professional development opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a thought partner for faculty and staff to support the delivery of high-quality online courses and programs.
- Champion instructional design suggestions that are based in learning science and track to student satisfaction and learning outcomes.
- Assist faculty to analyze and determine the requirements necessary to develop instructional materials to help students achieve specified objectives.
- Work collaboratively with Instructional Technologists, faculty, and staff with the design and production of interactive, engaging course media.
- Plan, develop, schedule and implement a variety of activities to train faculty and others in the use of best practices in course design, instructional technologies, as well as teaching and learning online.
- Perform formative and summative evaluation of projects. Analyze results to advise individuals or committees responsible for evaluation program effectiveness to funding agencies and others.
- Review online courses to meet the Collin College and accreditors' standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures, and core values.
Master's degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution and two (2) years of experience in developing and delivering technology-based learning required. Three (3) years of experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of instructional design principles and methods for online learning, including course development, curriculum, and course review
- Knowledge of accessibility requirements such as ADA 508 in online course delivery
- Proven customer services skills including effective communication skills, positive attitude and adaptability to creatively and diplomatically resolve problems, questions, conflicts and suggestions
- Demonstrated experience in instructional design software, including Camtasia, Adobe eLearning Suite, Office 365 LTI in Canvas, and other design tools
- Demonstrated experience with designing courses using the Canvas LMS
- Ability to actively participate in the design, production, and evaluation of professional development content and events
- Ability to assist faculty with queries in the development, design, maintenance, and pedagogy of academic courses
- Ability to review online courses using the Quality Matters course review process
- Ability to work well with diverse populations
- Ability and willingness to work independently in a team environment with limited supervision
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $25.04 - 25.04
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.