Training and Events Assistant
Reporting to the Senior Director, University Personnel, and receiving work lead direction from the Coordinator, Training, Events and Anti-Racism Programming, the Training and Events Assistant is responsible for supporting all training and events functions managed by University Personnel. This includes, but is not limited to, coordinating and scheduling locations, working with campus catering, working with vendors, assisting with events and collaborating with other staff and management in University Personnel and other departments on campus.
- Manage use of the University Personnel training room
- Ensure training room supplies are maintained
- Create courses, schedule classes, and update rosters in online training system
- Communicate course offerings to campus using email, web, and other applicable methods
- Assist with the creation of marketing and promotional material
- Liaise with department budget personnel on requisitions, purchase orders and payments
- Assist with setup and tear down of all events
- Assist with event day coordination
- Communicate information about events, as appropriate
- Communicate with campus departments and external vendors, including campus catering
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, Google Applications, Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of SumTotal Learn
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft HR
- Knowledge of online training systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and detailed-oriented
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to accomplish results
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, sometimes with short deadlines
- Ability to create marketing and promotional materials
- Ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and customers
- Ability to respond to routine inquires and explain standard policies and procedures to a wide range of individuals
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents
- Three years of related office work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience supporting a training team
- Experience supporting events
- Experience creating marketing and promotional material
- Experience managing or supporting multiple events at a time
- Experience with SumTotal Learn
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,700/month - $3,864/month
Salary Range: $3,352/month - $5,639/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: April 9, 2021 through April 23, 2021 . This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: April 09, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose