Director of Student-Athlete Development
University Code 11913 University Title Administrator 3, Athletics University Job Family Athletics ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Director of Student-Athlete Development Position Number FA6680 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Athletics Office Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Director of Student-Athlete Development’s chief purpose is to assist student-athletes with their education plan and developing their career goals. Reporting to the Senior Executive Associate AD/ SWA, this position works to further VCU Athletics’ mission to win conference and national championships, provide a first-class student-athlete experience, serve as a source of pride for the University and community, and cultivate graduates who excel as leaders.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Minimum hiring standards include:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 1- 3 years experience working in Student-Athlete Support Services;
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations; and
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
Preferred hiring standards include:
- Advanced degree or training and work experience at a level that equates to an advanced degree;
- Personal student-athlete collegiate experience;
- Multilingual skills; and
- 3 years experience working with student-athletes at a large, diverse, urban, NCAA Division l university.
Required Licenses/ Certifications
Valid driver’s license.
Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Application Process/Additional Information
This position is open until filled. However, the priority deadline is Friday, April 23.
Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 + Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (some evenings and weekends may be required) Job Open Date 04/09/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105031 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have previous experience in student-athlete academic
support services (i.e. academic advising or life skills) within a
D-1 collegiate setting?
- * Do you have experience working with student-athletes at a
large, diverse, urban, NCAA Division I university?
- * Every member of the university community has a stake in and
responsibility for VCU’s continual achievement of inclusive
excellence. Please share your past contributions toward promoting
equity, diversity and inclusion. Through this statement, you can
share how your lived and professional experiences will impact your
commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment at
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Athletics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond