Learning & Development Specialist
TheHuman Resourcesteam atSt. Catherine
Universityinvites applications for aLearning and Development
TheLearning and Development Specialistleads the development and execution of innovative learning experiences that meet the needs of our changing organization and designs and implements effective methods to support employee growth, resulting in a higher level of job performance and increased efficiency in the workplace. This is an inaugural position so it is a great opportunity to build something new! The areas of responsibility for this position are as follows:
- Collaborate with theSVPfor Human
Resources, Equity and Inclusion to finalize the development of
leadership competencies for the university.
- Develop and implement a leadership core competency model and
training program with structure, processes and experiences that
build the leadership capacity of organizational leaders, managers
and individual contributors at all levels of the
- Integrate the leadership core competency model across all human
resources systems and programs including professional development,
performance management, position descriptions, talent acquisition
and succession planning.
- Create and launch programs to develop aspiring leaders and to
onboard new leaders.
- Collaborate with the Equity and Inclusion team to embed the
principles of inclusive leadership into all leadership programs.
Design high-impact talent programs for leader capability and
professional skills informed by business needs and industry
- Collaborate with all members of the HR team to build leadership
capability at all levels and create an environment where people can
reach their full capacity and potential.
- Identify, develop and implement employee engagement
initiatives, including employee engagement tools and
Act as an engagement consultant to provide resources and advice to organization leaders surrounding employee engagement strategies, including planning and follow-up.
- Build an approach to succession planning and management,
including bench strength parameters and talent review
- Design and develop programs that support and reward high-performance and high-potential employees, including assessment, coaching, and individual development plans (IDPs) that align with long-range university strategy and accelerate the development of key succession candidates.
Learning and Development
- Collaborate with Human Resources Leadership to develop and
execute university-wide programs such as performance management,
onboarding, recruitment and selection processes, and employee
- Provide support, coaching, tools and interventions to HR Team
and leaders to address key group and organizational
- Provide leadership and vision in the ongoing planning,
implementation and evaluation of university professional
development plan and curriculum for staff.
- Partner with key stakeholders in the design and planning for
the bi-annual faculty/staff institute.
- Evaluate current professional development offerings to
determine effectiveness and inform planning and decision making.
Implement the needed changes to improve content and delivery
methods based on instructional effectiveness data.
- Design and conduct organizational needs assessments to
continually improve professional development offerings.
- Lead the development and implementation of train-the-trainer
workshops on a variety of topics to increase organizational
capacity in delivery of regularly scheduled professional
- Work in collaboration with other HR Team Members to facilitate
and oversee the development and implementation of training programs
to ensure compliance with federal, state, and/or other regulatory
requirements as well as university policies and
- Successfully facilitate and deliver professional development by
actively engaging learners, facilitating dialog, telling compelling
stories, and by delivering a variety of content both face to face
and in a virtual setting.
- Work in collaboration with key stakeholders to identify, select and facilitate the implementation of a learning management system.
- Proactively create programs and initiatives to support business
strategies and objectives.
- Identify strategic opportunities to build support for change
and innovation from a systems perspective.
- Analyze, organize and meet deadlines on projects.
- Listen and communicate effectively, engaging team members and
partners in the problem solving process.
- Value diversity in all of its forms so people can realize their
individual strengths and potential
- Coach staff to pursue stretch goals and resolve challenges, empowering them to make decisions.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Six (6) years of experience designing and developing learning
and organization development programs, demonstrating effective use
of applied instructional design theories, adult learning theories
and principles, current learning solutions and methodologies that
improve individual and organizational results
- Four (4) years of experience coordinating, designing and
leading training programs for adult learners and facilitating
learning programs for senior leaders in the C-suite including
assessment of curriculum effectiveness.
- Four (4) years of experience supervising professional staff
including establishing strategy and leading team members and
partners to achieve results.
- Experience with OD intervention, succession planning processes,
and team building training.
- Experience implementing various assessment tools that may
include Insights Discovery,DISC,FIRO-B,MBTI, Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument
- Knowledgeable about a variety of instructional techniques and
formats and experience to effectively facilitate a wide range of
training programs and train-the trainer workshops.
- Knowledge of and experience using various modes of technology
to infuse creativity into the development of virtual and in-person
- Knowledge and understanding of different cultures and groups,
sensitivity to issues and concerns of diverse groups.
- Experience collaborating with leaders and teams on curriculum
development and delivery, leading through influence.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and successful experience with change management methodologies, processes and tools.
- Master’s degree in human resources development, training and
development, organization leadership or related field
- Certified Executive Coach
- Certified in change management methodology and tools
- Certified to administer organizational and team assessments
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org 651-690-6565.Application instructions for STAFF
VisitSt. Kate Careersto apply. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment. For information, contact Human Resources email@example.com. Application deadline is May 3, 2021.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *For any education beyond high
school, what was your area of focus?
(Open Ended Question)
- *Briefly describe your experience in
the following areas: • Coordinating, designing and leading training
programs • Facilitating training for C-suite senior leaders •
Assessing curriculum effectiveness
(Open Ended Question)
- *Briefly describe your experience
implementing assessment tools that may include Insights Discovery,
DISC, FIRO-B, MBTI, Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI),
(Open Ended Question)
- *Please describe your experience
and/or exposure to learning management systems (LMS). Include the
names of the systems you have used and your role.
(Open Ended Question)
- *St. Kate’s is committed to making
Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a Culture
of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the strategic
plan. Give a specific example of how you have promoted a culture
that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current or
(Open Ended Question)
- *Are you presently legally authorized
to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware
that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates
who are authorized to work in the United States.
- *St. Catherine University welcomes
applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you
now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul