Communications Director, Advancement
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The Communications Director, Advancement, supports learning by strengthening the university’s reputation, financial support, and sustainability. Executes print, digital, and social media strategies that raise the visibility of the university, increase engagement with the university’s alumni, donor, and community audiences, and expand the university’s base of philanthropic support.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is required. Master’s degree in marketing or communications preferred.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience with alumni or development functions in a higher education institution is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Research and accuracy skills
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to use a computer
- Ability to move about campus
- Able to work independently
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.