Adjunct Professor (Online/Residential) - Communication, Dance, Digital Media, Gaming, Graphic Design
Adjunct Professor (Online and Face-to-Face) – Communication, Dance, Digital Media/Storytelling, Gaming & Interactive Design, and Graphic Design
Date Available: Rolling
Status: Review start date is immediately, but all applications will continue to be received and reviewed.
Palm Beach Atlantic University (PBA), a private Christian institution located in West Palm Beach, Florida, seeks Adjunct Professors for online and face-to-face instruction in the following areas:
- Digital Media/Storytelling
- Gaming & Interactive Design
- Graphic Design
The candidates will further enhance the excellence and vitality of the Departments in accordance with the University mission. These programs of study are currently located either in the School of Communication & Media or the School of Music & Fine Arts, however, Palm Beach Atlantic University’s Board of Trustees voted to merge the two Schools to form the College of the Arts, effective August 2021. Programs of study in the College will now include Cinema, Communication, Dance, Digital Media, Gaming & Interactive Design, Graphic Design, Journalism, Music, Preparatory Department, Public Relations, Sports Broadcasting, Theatre, and Visual Art.
- Communication Applicants
- Teach online undergraduate Communication courses which include Communication Theory, Speech & Civil Discourse, Media Studies, and Strategic Communication.
- Dance Applicants
- Teach online undergraduate courses in Dance History.
- Digital Media/Storytelling Applicants
- Teach online undergraduate courses such as Introduction to Media, Social Media, Advertising Production, and History of Media.
- Gaming & Interactive Design Applicants
- Teach online undergraduate courses such as Game Development, Game Production, Game Storytelling, Level Design for 2D & 3D Games, Game Worlds & System Design, and Game User Experience Design & Research.
- Graphic Design Applicants
- Teach online and/or face-to-face undergraduate courses such as Foundations of Art & Design, Digital Graphics, Graphic Design, and Web Design.
Summary of Job Duties
- Teach material from the approved curriculum by an assigned schedule.
- Assist students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
- Provide regular and timely feedback to students.
- Create weekly video lectures (as appropriate).
- Create weekly agenda videos and/or descriptive written announcements in Canvas.
- Involvement in student discussion boards (as appropriate).
- Timely grading of all course assessments.
- Personalized written feedback on graded assignments.
- Ph.D. or Master's Degree with at least eighteen credit hours in the selected discipline at the graduate level.
- Ability to integrate Christian faith and scholarship.
- Successful track record of online course development and instruction as measured by student and administration evaluations.
The online positions do not require a South Florida presence.
The successful candidates will possess the soft skills and hard standards to work effectively with an increasingly diverse array of students and colleagues and will have a demonstrated commitment to creating, fostering and sustaining a culture that celebrates entrepreneurship, innovation, and collaboration in and out of the classroom. These individuals will excel in attention to detail, effective oral and written communication, consensus building, creative problem solving, professionalism, and intrinsic work ethic. The self-motivated candidates will bring the inspiration and enthusiasm required to advance creative momentum, ensuring the Department’s achievements are broadcast widely and strategically.
Founded in 1968, Palm Beach Atlantic University is an interdenominational Christian institution with over 3,400 students in 60 academic undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. PBA’s programs are framed by a Christian worldview that is guided by accomplished experts and delivered in the breathtaking setting of West Palm Beach, Florida. PBA’s graduates launch lives of character, meaning, and accomplishment. From its presence in the academic curriculum, to weekly chapel, to service learning and mission trips, the faith-based foundation shapes the student experience and prepares them with the kind of ethical, principled outlook that today’s employers value.
Palm Beach Atlantic University’s offerings are proven and respected by top employers and elite graduate institutions. Its programs, such as the Frederick M. Supper Honors Program, offer distinctive, elevated learning opportunities. In addition, PBA’s six Centers of Excellence deepen students’ knowledge and skills and add dimension to the learning experience through distinctive programming, travel, fellowship, internship and networking opportunities. Through PBA’s unique Workship Program, students are able to improve communities locally, around South Florida or in countries across the globe by building homes for those in need, assisting with natural disaster recovery efforts, tutoring and mentoring students in after school programs, and packing meals for families living in underserved communities. To date, PBA students have volunteered 3.3 million hours of service through Workship. Additionally, in Fall 2020 the Wordship Program joins the PBA traditions of Worship and Workship to cultivate a practice of using our words wisely to edify others, including those with whom we disagree, as a form of worship. These three practices are the foundational, three-legged stool upon which the integration of faith and academics rests.
Students attending PBA find a fun, energetic and opportunity-rich destination with 40+ student-run clubs providing the chance to develop important teamwork and leadership skills. PBA offers some of the finest learning resources and facilities with state-of-the-art medical simulation labs; an 86,000 square-foot Warren Library; the John & Sheila Rinker Sports Center, which was completed in 2017 and is part of PBA’s 78-acre Marshall and Vera Lea Rinker Athletic Complex, and Watson Hall, a 163,000 square-foot, eight-story residence hall opened in Fall 2020.
For more information about the university go to www.pba.edu
West Palm Beach, Florida residents are surrounded by the unparalleled opportunities of South Florida. In addition to the natural beauty of its location on the Intracoastal Waterway, PBA offers endless professional opportunities, world-class cultural outlets, and exceptional shopping districts just minutes from campus.
One can find outdoor recreation at the Everglades, Lake Trail or MacArthur Beach State Park and more than 50 miles of pristine beaches nearby. Residents can also play a round of golf at any of the area’s more than 160 golf courses, catch the pro sports action of the NFL’s Dolphins, NBA’s Heat, MLB’s Marlins and NHL’s Panthers or take in a concert at the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts. West Palm Beach is also home to an eclectic and appetizing food scene, with cuisines representing everything from Caribbean and Cuban to Asian, German and Portuguese. With nearly 20 churches of various denominations located just minutes from the PBA campus, employees have an outstanding opportunity to become involved in a local faith community.
West Palm Beach is a city of approximately 100,000 located within Palm Beach County, which has 1.5 million residents. Located along Florida’s Atlantic Ocean coast, West Palm Beach offers appealing weather and year-round access to smooth-sand beaches and some of the nation’s most enticing waterways and is located a short drive to some of Florida's fabulous cities: Fort Lauderdale is 1 hour away; Miami is 1.5 hours; Key Largo is 2 hours, and Orlando is 2.5 hours away. Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) is located less than three miles from PBA’s campus, and was recently ranked #1 in the U.S. for shortest overall wait times at TSA checkpoints. West Palm Beach is also a stop on the Brightline passenger high-speed rail system that connects Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and eventually Orlando.
Applications for Adjunct Faculty positions must include:
- A letter of application
- Resume or Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of all transcripts
- Statement of your teaching philosophy
- Statement indicating how you have previously or intend to intentionally integrate a Christian theistic worldview in the teaching/learning process
- Completed & signed Adjunct Faculty Applicant Questionnaire
Please visit https://www.pba.edu/human-resources/adjunct-positions.html to complete the application process.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Arts Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Design & Graphic Arts Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Communications Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Digital Media Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in West Palm Beach