Registrar Specialist I
JOB SUMMARY Responsible for monitoring degree applications and graduate students’ progress toward graduation for nearly 40 degree, certificate and CCE programs. Oversees integrity of student records in physical and digital files and in Colleague and Perceptive Content systems. First point of contact for student grades, grade changes, and degree posting. Processes registration changes, leaves of absence, and withdrawals analyzing policy to determine appropriate grades and refund allowances. Serves as a liaison between the Registrar’s office and the academic departments, financial aid, cashier, and student accounts. LCCSSA POSITIONS - This position is represented by the Lewis & Clark College Support Staff Association (LCCSSA) Local 4912 of the American Federation of Teachers (AFT). The Bargaining Agreement may be accessed online at http://www.lclark.edu/unions/lccssa/. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Operational Support (40%)
Customer Service (20%)
- Audits degree applications for all graduating students for Graduate and CCE degree and certificate programs. Monitors students’ progress towards graduation in order to communicate the requirements necessary for degree completion with the program directors and students.
- Makes recommendations for operational and process improvements that may inform policy. This includes use of new technologies developed in consultation with Graduate Registrar.
- Posts degrees, orders diplomas, and oversees processing and mailing of diploma packets for students four times per year. Creates lists and reports for academic departments.
- Processes replacement diploma orders.
- Processes registration changes, leaves of absence, and withdrawals in accordance with standard practices and methods to determine appropriate grades and refund allowances
- Update department website as needed
- Maintains inventory of office supplies, mailing supplies, diploma covers and paper as well as graduate transcript paper, working with vendors as necessary for reordering.
- Responsible for the security, integrity, and accuracy of student academic records. Oversees creation of new student files and maintenance of physical and digital student files, including coordinating with record archives and the Admissions Office. Ensures compliance with FERPA as it relates to student records.
- Processes address, legal/chosen name, and gender changes in student information system, careful to collect appropriate records according to college policy.
- Processes grade changes, course waivers, substitutions, exceptions and transfer credits, maintaining thorough and accurate records. Processes CCE grade reports so they can be mailed to students.
- Processes degree verifications through the National Student Loan Clearinghouse.
- Trains student workers and new staff in filing and records maintenance procedures.
Customer Service (20%)
- Provides outstanding customer service for students, faculty and staff, including prompt responses to requests for information and directions regarding policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Responsible for answering questions regarding all Graduate School academic programs and registration processes in person, by phone, and electronically from current students, potential students, and alumni. Provides students and faculty with information and assistance as needed
- Assists with maintaining the procedure and policies manual for the Graduate Registrar’s Office to ensure consistent services among Graduate Registrar staff.
- Schedules meeting rooms for staff use as needed on a daily basis and acts as back-up to the Registration Specialist in assigning classrooms for scheduled Graduate School on-campus courses.
- For the annual commencement ceremony, assists with activities before, during, and after the event.
- A combination of Education & Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) & 6 years of related job experience; OR Associate’s degree (2 years of college coursework) & 4 years of related job experience; OR Bachelor’s degree & 2 years of related job experience
- Office experience in busy environment.
- Strong word-processing, spreadsheet, database management skills.
- Experience managing web content for internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree & 2 years of related job experience
- 37.5 hrs/week
- LCCSSA Grade 15/Step F
- Bending, Twisting, Standing, Sitting, Walking, Grasping/Gripping, Reaching, Pushing/Pulling, Repetitive Hand Movements, Seeing, Talking, Hearing
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Portland
- Academic Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Portland
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Portland
- Student Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Portland
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Portland