Vice Chancellor-Network Initiatives
Vice Chancellor-Network Initiatives
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Office of Student Affairs is seeking a motivated and adaptable individual to serve as the Vice Chancellor of Network Initiatives supporting the Senior Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs. Reporting directly to the Senior Vice Chancellor they will play a hands-on, executive-level role, serving as a strategist, advisor and executor to ensure that initiatives are aligned with the priorities of the Senior Vice Chancellor. The Vice Chancellor-Network Initiatives will have high-level management skills along with top-level strategic insight and the ability to assist and lead in the implementation of organizational initiatives that impact student engagement. The Vice Chancellor will play a visible role in advancing broad Student Affairs objectives while overseeing the Center for Student Involvement, New Student Orientation and Parent Programs, Event Management, and Summer Conference Programs. The vice chancellor's overarching objective will be to develop and execute on programs that support robust student engagement and interaction. They will be responsible for curating a consistent welcoming community that reflects Northeastern's commitment to student belonging and empowerment and is responsible for creating meaningful opportunities and support structures that enhance student development, involvement, and leadership engagement across the global network from pre-college to alumni. In partnership with leaders from across the university and Student Affairs leadership the vice chancellor will serve as co-architect of an environment that supports students' learning and engagement throughout their affiliation with Northeastern.
Objectives of this role:
- Scope, plan and execute multiple priority projects to build
affinity and engagement; accountable for outcomes and responsible
for managing resources to achieve success
- Assist and communicate with leadership in decision-making,
project management, and initiative implementation
- Assist the Senior Vice Chancellor in responding to the changing
external environment and emerging issues that affect the
- Organize and prioritize critical issues and required
information for the Senior Vice Chancellor and their leadership
team to facilitate efficient decision making
- Review, design, and execute on improvements to organizational
structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address
- Play a critical role in facilitating communication amongst key
stakeholders and leadership and promoting and cultivating a sense
of shared goals among the Senior Vice Chancellor's constituents to
enhance unity throughout the division.
- Ideal candidate is a self-reflective, self-starter who likes to
work within a varied and dynamic network of stakeholders
- A master's degree in a relevant field and a minimum 10 years
related work experience, including progressively responsible
positions in higher education administration, preferably in student
affairs in a complex university setting
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working with executive-level
- Supervisory experience leading diverse teams
- Progressively responsible leadership in a high energy
environment working with an innovation leadership agenda
- Highly-developed communications skills (written/verbal) and
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with
demonstrated ability to work independently and make decisions in a
timely manner based on thoughtful analysis and critical
- Results/action-orientation; project management skills
- Organizational and political agility; developed negotiation
- Tact, diplomacy and superb interpersonal skills required to
establish close relationships with key influencers around
- Able to successfully navigate within varying degrees of
ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Managerial strengths in achieving goals through empowering
- Inspirational leadership traits and dynamic motivational
- Demonstrated ability to filter and synthesize information so
that the Senior Vice Chancellor remains focused on executive level
- Ability to serve as an able ambassador for the Senior Vice
Chancellor, representing best interests of the Office of Student
- Position requires significant time commitment to meet demands
of high paced office
- Flexibility and agility are keys to success
All inquiries, nominations/referrals, and resumes with cover letters, should be sent electronically and in confidence to:
Natalie Leonhard, Partner
Jenna Sattar Kwiatek, Associate
Isaacson, Miller https://www.imsearch.com/search-detail/S7-814
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/505585