Manager of Mentoring and Alumni Relations - Colin Powell School
Job Title: Manager of Mentoring and Alumni Relations – Colin Powell School
Job ID: 22342
Location: City College of New York
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Colin Powell School for Civic and Global Leadership at City
College of New York seeks a Manager of Mentoring and Alumni
Relations who can develop, launch, and manage new programs and
initiatives at the Colin Powell School that engage alumni to
provide mentoring and support to current students.
The Colin Powell School for Civic and Global Leadership includes all of the social science departments at CCNY. With almost 4,000 of CCNY’s 15,000 students, and graduating the most CCNY students annually, the Colin Powell School promotes the values of service and engagement. The School supports a faculty of more than 250 tenure, tenure-track, and adjunct professors and staff dedicated to the highest standards of research and to the university’s democratic and public obligations; the School is committed to disseminating research in usable forms, especially that which furthers equality, prosperity, stability, and peace for all people—in Harlem, in New York, and around the world.
The Manager will lead School efforts to define, encourage, build, and sustain a culture of mentorship for our nearly 4,000 students. Almost two-thirds of our students are first in their family to go to college, and the Manager of Mentoring and Alumni Relations will focus on making sure we have programs and partnerships to help these and all students achieve educational and career and professional success.
The Manager of Mentoring and Alumni Relations will report to the Director of Fellowships and Public Service Partnerships at The City College of New York. The Manager of Mentoring and Alumni Relations will also manage portions of program operations. In addition to the CUNY title overview duties, tasks include but are not limited to:
- Develop, launch, lead and manage mentoring initiatives within the Colin Powell School
aimed at helping students become better equipped to succeed in college and in their career
and professional development.
- Lead and organize efforts that engage alumni as mentors, develop and implement a mentor
- Act as liaison with alumni mentors in order to match them with programs and students.
- Lead, manage, design and oversee assessment of mentoring experience for both mentors
- Work with alumni and professional organizations to develop and foster mutually beneficial
partnerships with organizations that are potential employers for Colin Powell School
- Lead and organize efforts that engage students in mentoring opportunities.
- Manage relationships among mentors and business partners to provide career-readiness
opportunities for students to build their skills, explore career opportunities, and strengthen
their professional networks.
- Lead efforts to manage faculty and staff in identifying student interests early in their college
careers in order to match them with professional development opportunities in a timely
- In coordination with Communications team, promote and communicate program to internal
and external constituencies, including developing and implementing a social media strategy.
- Manage and organize and staff mentor/mentee events.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' relevant experience
- Advanced degree in a relevant field.
- Six or more years of program development or management experience in an educational or
- Experience mentoring, teaching, and/or working with students in college or university setting.
- Experience in program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated capacity to set and meet clear goals for program outcomes and to prioritize
work around stated objectives.
- Ability to be a team-player in a small, diverse and collegial office environment, and to work
across offices and departments in a large public university setting.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to navigate complex university administrative systems and coordinate with
departments across the campus.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages College activities and operations related to Academic
matters, under a senior administrator.
- Implements and monitors an array of functions and programs in the Office of Academic Affairs
- Coordinates academic program administration; ensures quality of service delivery to students
- Assists Director with developing strategic plan and evaluating outcomes; prepares management reports
- Liaisons with faculty and professional staff in departments and offices across the College
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff
- May act on behalf of Director in his/her absence
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Affairs Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYfirst, please click
on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number 22342
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
May 7, 2021
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in New York City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in New York City
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in New York City
- Alumni Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in New York City