Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Centenary College of Louisiana invites applications for the inaugural Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. The Dean provides leadership and oversight for diversity and inclusion initiatives at the College and serves as an institutional and educational resource for faculty, staff, and students regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion issues. The Dean also serves as the College’s Title IX Coordinator.
As a member of the President’s Cabinet, the Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is responsible for strategic planning to support the College’s efforts to foster a diverse and inclusive campus. In addition, the Dean:
- Serves as the College's Chief Diversity Officer and chairs the diversity committee.
- Develops and implements professional development activities and campus events that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion on campus.
- Supports initiatives to enhance the recruitment, retention and success of diverse faculty, staff, and students with emphasis on underrepresented groups.
- Provides mentorship for students related to issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Assesses the College's programs, policies, procedures, and practices to identify gaps and barriers that limit progress in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and recommend changes.
- Establishes a partnership with student success programs, campus departments, and students that facilitates community-building and supports a safe, vibrant, welcoming, and inclusive campus climate for all students, faculty and staff both on campus and off campus.
- Ensures institutional compliance with Title IX.
- Provides training and development related to Title IX, as needed.
Minimum qualifications include a Master’s degree and three years of experience; demonstrated success in promoting organizational change; and experience with Title IX. Preference will be given to candidates with a terminal degree in a related field and/or experience with a selective, residential, liberal arts college.
To apply, send a letter of application and resume to email@example.com or:
Department of Human Resources
Centenary College of Louisiana
2911 Centenary Boulevard
Shreveport, Louisiana 71104
Centenary College of Louisiana is a selective, residential, national liberal arts college affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Founded in 1825, it is the oldest chartered liberal arts college west of the Mississippi River and is a member of the Associated Colleges of the South.
Apply for Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Shreveport
- Deans Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Shreveport
- Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Shreveport
- Other Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Shreveport