Career Advancement Manager, Part-time MBA Programs (PRN25767B)
The David Eccles School of Business is seeking a Career Advancement Manager to deliver, maintain and further develop an existing comprehensive and innovative career coaching program, set of resources, data and events. Target audience is students and alumni in the three part-time MBA programs (Executive MBA, Professional MBA (evening), MBA Online). This includes program management working with coaching vendor and team to ensure effective coaching for professional development, career advancement, job search, and entrepreneurship.
The ideal candidate will possess an “entrepreneurial vision” and have a strong understanding of executive and career coaching, career paths, career issues, and extensive knowledge of the employment market and corporate hiring practices. This individual will also assist with implementing the relationship development plan aimed at increasing employment opportunities for students and alumni through career coaching, matching and articulating employment opportunities, and promoting networking and recruiting opportunities.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN25767B - 00033 - Executive Education
COMPENSATION: $47,600 to $79,000/year
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time, Monday through Friday, with possible schedule adaptation, to attend student-facing events.
Program Management & Development
• Manage relationship with coaching vendor to maintain a productive relationship, service level agreement, high coaching satisfaction levels, and accurate data about coaching usage, coaching sessions, and student outcomes (goal achievement)
• Work with vendor to add new services, online resources, and support while ensuring a high level of anonymous coaching satisfaction surveys are completed
• Ensure data in Salesforce is aligned with vendor data
• Collaborate with part-time MBA teams to address any student issues or needs identified
• Develop relationships with Eccles School and University key contacts to bring services, support, and job opportunities to students
• Work with program directors and marketing team to ensure the career advancement center messaging is aligned with recruiting strategies and is positioned as a key component of each MBA program
• Support 3 program teams to effectively sell the value of the Career Advancement Center as a key part of the program
• Proactively communicate and engage with students and alumni to share the value of the Career Advancement Center and career coaching in various media (webinars/ presentations, Canvas program courses, program brochures, student info emails, etc.
Relationship Management (Executive MBAs)
• Proactively develop relationships with current Executive MBA students and coaching-eligible alumni to engage, promote coaching and progress towards career goals, and introduce to key contacts
• Introduce to coaching and support them getting started when they are ready to take action
• Be contact point on everything career-related
• Engage at breaks and at lunch on class days (Fridays and Saturdays every other week)
Placement Support (Executive MBAs)
• Collaborate with Corporate Outreach team that develops employer and alumni relationships to ensure director-level and above positions are presented
• Meet with Executive MBAs to review market vis a vis career goals and list of prospective industries and employers; introduce to MBA students, alumni and other contacts for networking opportunities
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). Four to six years of progressively more responsible management experience. Background knowledge of hiring department’s area of specialization in order to analyze, plan and draw conclusions for recommendations to superiors. Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and directing employees and processes in order to effectively monitor and develop subordinates and to ensure the smooth operation of department.
Completion of provided supervisory training within one year of employment may be required.
Master’s degree in a related area may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Private sector leadership experience and engagement with senior executives with people management track record (coaching, development, performance, results).
• Knowledge of private, public and non-profit sectors and dynamics of the marketplace
• Professional executive coaching (performance and behavioral) experience with C-level executives, senior management, and high potential leaders
• Experience coaching and developing senior executives and middle management, and individual performers (exempt professional staff) to build leadership and management competency, advance internally, and achieve measurable business results.
• Program or product management experience with a track record of measurable results
• Preference for and track record of successful relationship building
• Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with vendor, variety of students at all career levels including diverse students and alumni, faculty and Eccles/ university colleagues
• A client-oriented attitude, fantastic customer service ethic, and high expectations for quality.
• A warm and friendly personality and a highly developed sense of empathy and humor.
• An MBA or other business master’s degree is preferred
• 8+ years of post-college relationship management and leadership experience, preferably in a corporate setting
• The ability to work independently in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
• Demonstrated success in prospect and client/ student engagement with strong results in motivating people to take action
• Private sector track record of measurable, bottom-line business results
• Demonstrated knowledge of the dynamics and challenges of the business marketplace
• Approach responsibilities of position proactively in a self-sufficient way
• Experience with Salesforce a plus
TO APPLY, VISIT: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/113681
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.