Instructor of Marine Technology
Arkansas State University – Beebe, a two-year residential community college a part of the Arkansas State University System, invites applications for a full-time Instructor of Marine Technology to begin August 2021. This is a brand-new program for ASU-Beebe. The individual hired will serve as the inaugural instructor and be charged with building a program from the ground up.
The successful candidate will possess thorough knowledge of the discipline to share in the teaching secondary and post-secondary students. Courses taught include Lower Units/Outdrives, Fuel & Lubrication Systems, Electrical Diagnostics, Engines, Rigging, Yamaha Marine, Service Operations, and Water Crafts.
The individual hired will:
• Provide instruction on performing minor and major repairs on marine water craft.
• Provide instruction on conducting regular preventative maintenance on marine water craft.
• Maintain parts inventory and cleanliness in the shop and boat slip(s).
• Collaborate with repair team to diagnose problems with water craft and plan repairs.
• Perform regular diagnostic tests on water craft and provide instruction in this area.
• Maintain accurate records of each repair performed on water craft and provide instruction.
• Take daily attendance of students and record attendance.
• Record grades and ability to assess student performance.
• Cultivate relationships with the advisory committee membership to achieve department and college goals. Maintain relevant industry curriculum with the establishment of program level outcomes for the marine technology program with the guidance of the advisory council.
• Achieve program recruitment goals to ensure a minimum annual program enrollment of at least 25 students.
• Work closely with the Dean of Career Education and Director of Regional Career Center to achieve recruitment and program goals.
• Assist with fundraising and grant writing for the marine technology program.
• Ability to create lesson plans and program level outcomes and carry them out effectively as well as follow written curriculum.
• Use college technology such as CANVAS, Campus Management, and Office 365 adequately and appropriately.
• Maintain a safe learning environment in the lab/shop area.
• Safely operate a forklift and water craft.
• Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire for teaching and community engagement.
Required Education and/or Experience: Possess an Associate’s Degree in a relevant field or working on obtaining degree and/or appropriate Yamaha marine industry certifications with ability to obtain an Associate’s Degree. Three to Five years work related experience.
Preferred Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree. Yamaha Marine Certifications for Inline, MID-Range, and Outboard Systems. Previous teaching experience