Associate Director of Residence Life
The Associate Director of Residence Life at Sarah Lawrence College is responsible for assisting with the implementation and management of a comprehensive residence life program for a diverse student population of more than 1100 students. Reporting to the Director of Residence Life, as a member of the Residence Life staff, the Associate Director provides leadership in enhancing the quality of life for students, developing a sense of community, and encouraging meaningful connection and engagement. The Associate Director works closely with staff and faculty to meet the various needs of students, build community, and explain and enforce College policies.
- Supervise two Hall Directors and indirectly seventeen Resident Advisors assigned in areas with 579 residents.
- Assist with planning and implementing a comprehensive residential education and community building program which is responsive to the needs of resident students.
- Manage and maintain data within Jenzabar, Google, and MS Excel in collaboration with various campus offices.
- Maintain occupancy data and projections and provide reports to campus stakeholders involved in enrollment management.
- Manage department’s email account and MySLC (student portal) pages and forms.
- Coordinate the Housing Selection process for upperclassmen which includes Group Process, Lottery, Specialized Housing selection, and new student housing assignment processes.
- Coordinate and complete room change requests, and maintain accurate records.
- Manage housing waitlists with regular communication about the process and timelines.
- Coordinates early arrivals and late stay requests.
- Coordinates residence hall check-in/check-out process in collaboration with Campus Operations.
- Work collaboratively with facilities in maintaining accurate records.
- Respond to student and parent concerns regarding housing assignments, roommate conflicts and other aspects of housing operations via email, phone and in person.
- Work closely with Hall Directors and Resident Advisors on resolving housing conflicts and developing residential communities.
- Coordinate the recruitment the Resident Advisor staff.
- Assist in the recruitment and on-going training of the Resident Advisors and Hall Director staffs.
Other Administrative Duties:
- Provides supervision and guidance to Hall Directors and Housing Coordinator in the absence of the Director.
- Assist the Director in the development, implementation, evaluation, and revision of goals, vision, policies and procedures for the Office of Residence Life.
- Collaborates closely with the Director of Disability Services and the Dean of Studies Office as it pertains to student support, specialized housing, and leaves of absences.
- Serve as a conduct hearing officer.
- Manage administrative functions including budgets, supplies, p-cards, access, shared drive and office coverage for the department.
- Chair the Housing subcommittee of the Committee on Student Life
- Serve as a member of the On-Call staff responding to student crisis situations after hours.
- Assists with College wide events such as Orientation, Commencement, and Admitted Students Day.
- Act in the place of the Director when the Director is not available.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Treat students in a fair and equitable manner.
- Use good judgment in the execution of duties including advising, decision-making and communication
- Engage in positive working relationships with colleagues and students.
- Uphold College policies, procedures and bylaws and help students/student groups to do so with an emphasis on personal responsibility and healthy decision-making.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of current issues, trends and best practices in Residential Life and Student Affairs and ways to implement necessary changes.
- Perform duties in a positive and professional manner.
- Designated as Campus Security Authority and Responsible Employee
A master’s degree in higher education, college personnel administration, or related field is required. Three to five years of directly related experience in Residential Life is required. One to three years of supervisory experience is required. Direct experience with housing occupancy management and conflict resolution is required.
Essential skills: ability to work effectively under pressure, flexibility, initiative, critical thinking, strong organizational skills, good oral and written communication skills, able to provide effective, people-centered support services, positivity and able to work with a diverse student population. Strong and diligent attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously is required. Must possess excellent working knowledge in a variety of computer programs (Excel, Google products, data management systems) and have an understanding of creative ways to implement technology. Experience working with housing software, particularly Jenzabar, is strongly preferred. Candidate must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends as necessary.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bronxville
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bronxville
- Residence Life Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bronxville
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bronxville