Assistant or Associate Professor of Education
Job Summary: The Assistant or Associate Professor of Education will teach a full-time academic load both on campus and through distance learning; courses are taught concurrently. Courses taught will depend on departmental need and the applicant’s experience and expertise, and are likely to include:
- EDU 306 Children’s Literature
- EDU 307 Materials and Methods of Language Arts in the Elementary School
- EDU 318 Developmental Reading I
- EDU 319 Reading in the Content Areas
- EDU 410 Developmental Reading II
- EDU 404 Elementary Clinical Practice
- EDU 409 Secondary Clinical Practice
- EDU 407 Music Education Clinical Practice
Other duties will include:
- Advise undergraduate students within the major
- Promote and mentor undergraduate student research
- Contribute professionally to the faculty, college, and community by keeping scheduled office hours, serving on college committees, and attending commencement and other college faculty activities
Minimum Qualifications: Doctoral degree in reading or a minimum of 30 hours of graduate coursework in reading. Professional work experience, teaching in grades K-6, is also required.
Application Procedure: To be considered, applicants should submit the following four documents: a CV with a list of three references; graduate transcript(s); a philosophy of teaching statement; and a cover letter, describing their qualifications for the position, their appreciation for the College’s mission, and a description of the way in which their faith animates their scholarship, teaching, and mentoring of students.
Expectation and Condition of Employment: Founded in 1838, Judson College, a woman’s college affiliated with the Alabama Baptist Convention, employs faculty who profess faith in Jesus Christ and who are dedicated to teaching and service as they model the principles of the Christian faith. Candidates considering the application process should have a serious Christian commitment that is reflected in their scholarship, teaching, and mentoring of undergraduate students. Furthermore, faculty will lead lives of service through active involvement in Christian activities both on campus and through their local church. Faculty are expected to embrace the Mission Statement and Core Values of the College and to support the three commitments shared by all CCCU institutions.
Apply for Assistant or Associate Professor of Education
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly