Assistant Professor of Engineering
A full-time tenure track position at the Assistant Professor or Instructor level in the Department of Engineering, with a specialty in the area of mechanical engineering beginning August 2019. Preference may be given to candidates with professional expertise, and the demonstrated ability to teach courses, in solid mechanics, kinematics of machines, machine design, and finite element analysis. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following list:
- Teaching a broad range of mechanical engineering courses.
- Mentoring capstone senior design projects.
- Evaluating and improving curriculum, courses, and laboratories.
- Advising engineering students which includes participating in engineering professional societies such as SAE and ASME.
- Staying professionally active through directing, conducting, and publishing results of applied research or developing and reporting on innovative instructional techniques.
Qualifications: An earned doctorate in mechanical engineering (or a related engineering discipline) is required for appointment as Assistant Professor. An MS in mechanical engineering and broad professional experience in the preferred experience areas is required for appointment as Instructor. A B.S. degree from an ABET EAC accredited program (or a program certified as “substantially equivalent” by ABET) is preferred. Demonstrated English communications skills and a demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching are required. Prior teaching experience, recent mechanical engineering design experience, and professional experience are preferred.
Any questions email Dr. Tim Nipp Chair, ME Search Committee, email@example.com. Search will end and review of applications will begin May 9th, 2021.