Instructor - Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (Texas Children's Hospital)
The Department of Anesthesiology is recruiting for a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist at Texas Children's Hospital to administer anesthesia to pediatric patients prior to surgical or medical procedures, monitors pediatric patients' vital signs and responds to emergency/code situations when warranted.
Provides specialized nursing service in administering anesthesia to surgical patients
- Administers all forms of anesthesia including inhaled, intravenous, neuraxial, and regional, for surgical or medical procedures.
- Assesses and evaluates patients prior to the administration of anesthesia in order to formulate anesthetic plan.
- Inserts and uses invasive and noninvasive monitors, as indicated.
- Monitors patients' vital signs during and after the administration of anesthesia.
- Responds to emergency/code situations in order to provide airway management.
- Documents anesthetic information and patient condition.
- May supervise or provide direction to student registered nurse anesthetists.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Master’s degree in in Nursing.
- Experience Required: None required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) from the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN). Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.