Senior Scientific Programmer
We are seeking a scientific programmer to provide key data extraction, management, exploratory data analysis, and reporting services to research investigators working with health care administrative and electronic health record data. The ideal candidate will have database management experience and will be skilled in using SQL, SAS, and other statistical programming tools (e.g., R Stats). Essential to the role is a dedication to assessing and communicating the quality of data sources and iterative problem-solving in partnership with research investigators to arrive at optimal approaches to data preparation and analysis to answer essential research questions. Current projects include, but are not limited to, inpatient nurse staffing and workload, and health care utilization among Veterans.
- Documents data extraction, data preparation (including linking datasets), data management, and data analysis plans for research projects.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents and maintains programs that support answering a range of research questions. Includes designing for reproducibility through programming and documentation that maps the path from original datasets through quality checks and analysis decisions to analysis output.
- Designs and develops research databases (e.g., using MS Access) for research participant recruiting and tracking and/or for research project data management.
- Configures and customizes data management and statistical software for specific research project needs.
- Advises research investigators and staff on hardware and software that are appropriate for specific research needs and approved for use by the organization.
- Applies existing custom research software previously developed by others as part of long-term research projects, adapting as needed for changes in data sources and new research questions.
- Serves as a technical resource for research investigators and research staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Three years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; PD
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston