The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), School of Nursing
is currently recruiting for an Assistant
in the department of Organizational Systems and
Adult Health, Family and Community Health or Partnerships,
Professional Education, and Practice. This position will support
the delivery of the core courses in the graduate programs. In
addition, this position will include responsibilities in support of
a School health officer.
- Provides classroom and lab instruction that focuses on content,
method of delivery, evaluation of students, and recommendations for
curricular adjustments and modifications.
- Participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of
simulations relative to courses taught.
- Uses evidence-based best practices for educating students.
- Advises and mentors students.
- Contributes to the collaborative efforts of an
interprofessional team, serving on departmental and school
- Support of the School health officer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree in nursing or a related field required.
- Public Health expertise required.
- Prior teaching experience preferred.
- Spirit of inquiry and innovation related to teaching and
- Demonstrated technological competence and the ability to
communicate effectively verbally and in writing.