Human Resources Specialist
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST
Truman College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks a Human Resources Specialist to provide professional human resources services to staff and faculty and facilitate the coordination, administration, and delivery of human resources programs. The HR Specialist participates in integrating human resources initiatives and programs with business plans to achieve the strategic goals and operational objectives of the College.
- Supports and coordinates the hiring process for faculty and non-faculty vacancies. Partners with Talent Acquisition team to fulfill hiring needs. Participates in the interviewing and selection process as required.
- Coordinates the new hire/onboarding process, reviewing and processing required forms, responding to inquiries, providing new employee orientation, and ensuring a smooth onboarding of employees.
- Addresses employee and labor relations issues including progressive discipline, reductions in force, and explanations of and compliance with collective bargaining agreements and Board policies.
- Coaches and counsels managers on performance management, employee relations issues, adherence to collective bargaining agreements, and HR processes and procedures.
- Interprets and explains HR policies and regulations relating to employee and labor relations, salary administration, leaves of absence, and related employment matters to employees.
- Consults with management to develop and implement personnel processes and procedures.
- Assists in delivering HR programs in areas including learning and organizational development, performance management, employee relations, and labor relations.
- Delivers high levels of customer service when responding to inquiries regarding policy, pay and other HR procedures.
- Conducts exit interviews with department employees to gather feedback and makes suggestions to improve the employee experience.
- Analyzes HR workforce trends and identifies areas for process improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management or a related field. An equivalent combination of training and experience will be taken into consideration in lieu of a college degree.
- PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SCP desirable.
- Three years of work experience in human resources, customer service, administration or a related area of work.
- Familiarity and/or experience working with PeopleSoft HCM or talent management systems (i.e. Taleo) highly desirable.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of human resources management principles.
- Knowledge and understanding of HRIS systems.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state employment laws.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and build strong partnerships with senior executives and all levels of the workforce.
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in handling sensitive situations.
WE OFFER: Excellent benefit package includes health insurance, investment programs, pension plan, generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within six (6) months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago