Director of Assessment and Academic Systems
Director of Assessment and Academic Systems
Mohawk Valley Community College provides accessible, high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students. We are the community’s college, committed to student success through partnerships, transfer and career pathways, and personal enrichment. This a full-time position in MVCC's Academic Affairs office.
MVCC is looking for exceptional colleagues. We seek candidates with: an understanding of the college mission and teaching experience in a comprehensive community college; a focus on student success in a learner-centered environment; and a willingness to use technology to support learning in the academic setting, including on-line instruction and assessment of student learning outcomes.
The position requires analysis of external data for program development or enhancement recommendations. Provides oversight and implementation of Learning and Academic Affairs curriculum submission to State University of New York (SUNY) and State Education Department (SED). Works with the Assistant Vice Presidents (AVPs) of Academics and serves as the Assessment Liaison with Institutional Resea rch for curriculum, assessment and analysis. The position requires on campus obligations. Information about the College is available at www.mvcc.edu .
Mohawk Valley Community College is committed to transforming lives through learning, and as you help students secure the financial resources to pursue their dreams, you will be critical to the College mission and the student experience.
- Guides program development through College, Board of Trustees, SUNY, and SED processes, maintaining a schedule and tracking system for proposals and reviews;
- Tracks program proposals from other institutions and coordinates College responses;
- Submits all proposals to SUNY for courses requesting General Education status. Communicates with SUNY to ensure accuracy on the SUNY website;
- Assist Deans in conducting intimal research for programs proposed by faculty within the academic unit;
- Coordinates academic program reviews;
- Coordinates institutional assessment efforts;
- Designs and provides college-wide assessment training as needed;
- Works with Deans to perform curriculum review
- Analyzes and, in consultation with the VPLAA and AVPs, edits the College catalog as it pertains to curricula;
- Leads comprehensive review of curriculum with purpose of developing policy and procedure focused on program refinement and curricular strengthening;
- Represents the VPLAA on College committees and councils as directed;
- May supervise, manage, evaluate, and discipline, as necessary, all full-time and part-time assessment personnel; and
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President of Academics.
Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Curriculum and Instruction or Educational Administration required.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 5/15/2021
Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, different abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Accreditation Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Distance Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica