Part Time Custodian, Weekend Shift
Haverford College seeks to hire a part time (16 hours per week), non-exempt Custodian to work available weekend shifts. This position will service all Athletics, Academic, Administrative, and Residence Hall Buildings, providing general and detailed cleaning. This position works Saturday and Sunday (for eight hour shifts sometime between the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. – specific schedule to be determined).
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities :
- Routing cleaning of Residence Halls, Labs, Classrooms, and Offices, including dusting, vacuuming, emptying trash, etc.
- Detailed cleaning of laboratories, to include showers, toilets, sinks, mirrors and all other flat surfaces
- Corridor cleaning, including walls, carpets, tiles, lights, ceilings, and all other flat surfaces
- Building entrance cleaning, including outside steps, plaza, walk-off mats, etc.
- Cleaning of stair wells, dusting, sweeping, and mopping
- Operate power equipment, vacuums, scrubbers, burnishes, extractors, shampoo machines, riding equipment in a safe manner
- Periodic project cleaning as prescribed by the supervisor of housekeeping
- Removal of trash and recycling materials from buildings
- Property maintain all equipment in the department to ensure safety and cleanliness
- Report all equipment malfunctions to supervisor
- Removal of snow from all building steps, walkways, and ramps
- Provide event support, set up of chairs, tables, and other materials
- Perform floor and carpet care to include top scrubbing, burnishing, stripping, refinishing, extracting and shampooing
- Will assist with moving furniture and equipment as needed.
Education, Training, & Experience :
- Three to five years' of experience in a custodial, housekeeping, or related janitorial field required; experience in higher education or healthcare is preferred. High school degree or GED required.
- Ability to work the 5:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. shift, on Saturday and/or Sunday depending on campus needs.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds)three to six hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds):Up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds):Up to three hours
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds):Up to three hours
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction:three to six hours
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction):three to six hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body):six to eight hours
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body):six to eight hours
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position):six to eight hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position):three to six hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees):Never
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees):three to six hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground):three to six hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces):Up to three hours
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary):three to six hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.):Never
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures):Never
Special Requirements : Ability to obtain and maintain PA Act 153 Child Abuse Clearances is required. The start date for this position will be contingent upon completion of the Act 153 background process.
To Apply : Interested candidates should complete an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Part-Time-Custodian--Weekend-Shift-_R293 . The application deadline is Sunday, April 18, 2021. Failure to provide the required documents may result in lack of consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor work visas.
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or veteran status. Haverford has a longstanding commitment to diversity rooted in values of inclusion and social justice, a commitment reflected in the curriculum, classrooms, and communal composition of the College. Haverford welcomes applications from candidates who share these values and who will foster their contribution to the College's educational mission.