The Office of Undergraduate Education at CU Boulder is now encouraging applications for an Executive Assistant ! This position reports directly to the Vice Provost of the Office of Undergraduate Education (OUE) and supports OUE in a wide range of administrative, human resources, and payroll responsibilities. In addition to providing help welcoming visitors to the Office, the Executive Assistant arranges the schedules, coordinates travel, and manages projects for the senior leadership team. The position also serves as the office manager, and manages office email and phone communication and website updates. The position serves as Personnel and Payroll Liaison (PPL) by helping ensure that all units within OUE are in compliance with established university policies in the hiring and employment of staff and students and provides backup payroll support to OUE. This position also monitors payroll registers and manages time entry and leave requests on behalf of the Vice Provost.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Office of Undergraduate Education (UE) is a campus office reporting to the Provost, comprised of programs and offices that serve all students across campus, including the University Exploration and Advising Center (UEAC); the Program in Exploratory Studies (PES); First Year Seminars (FYS); International Student Academic Success Programs; Undergraduate Enrichment Programs (UEP) (including Norlin and Boettcher Scholars; the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP); and the Professional and Academic Conference Endowment (PACE)); the Top Scholarships Office; International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS); Education Abroad (EA); the Student Academic Success Center (SASC); the Presidents Leadership Class (PLC); and three ROTC programs (Air Force, Army, Naval).
Current key projects in UE include a focus on first-year academic programs with the development of First Year Seminars; the coordination of undergraduate academic policies; the development of a coordinated campus advising structure; and the coordination and assessment of campus retention and persistence initiatives.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Administrative Support of Office of Undergraduate Education Leadership Team:
- Provide help welcoming, assisting, and directing students, faculty, and walk-in visitors.
- Manage calendars, provide interdepartmental scheduling, and coordinate events for the Vice Provost and senior team.
- Coordinate travel, including travel arrangements and reimbursement, for the senior leadership team.
- Manage projects as deﬁned and assigned by the Vice Provost and senior OUE leadership team.
- Perform oﬃce manager tasks including responsibility for office inventory, purchasing, and maintenance requests, and serving as department liaison to campus service units.
- Manage oﬃce email and phone communications.
- Maintain and perform timely updates of the OUE website serve as primary point of contact on website.
- Handle the new undergraduate degree and degree name change processes for submission to the Board of Regents.
- Manage early alert emails and math placement emails/phone queries.
Human resources and payroll administration:
- Serve as OUE Personnel and Payroll Liaison (PPL). Assist with ensuring all units within OUE are in compliance with established university policies with respect to the hiring and employment of staﬀ, faculty, temporary/student employees.
- Work in collaboration with campus Human Resources staff on all position description updates, creation and approval processes for addendum, additional pay appointments, temporary staff oﬀer letters and hires. Require access to systems including, but not limited to, Avature (Position Management Portal and CU Boulder Jobs), and HCM.
- Work in collaboration with HRSC to enter, approve, regularly review and maintain job appointments, position and funding data, terminations and close out processes.
- Manage all hiring and payroll processing for student employees in collaboration with Student Employment.
- Create, maintain and update semester hiring processes for student employee supervisors to ensure timely recruitment and onboarding. Provide regular deadline communications to students for accurate payroll collection. Work in collaboration with HRSC to process payroll expense transfers.
- Regularly attend HR liaison training sessions and meetings, and stays informed about all new HR protocols, processes, and procedures.
- Provide regular updates and guidance to all OUE units regarding HR protocol or policy changes, compliance concerns, and standard methodologies.
- Monitor biweekly and monthly payroll registers to ensure accurate payroll processing and troubleshoots issues with HR Service Center.
- Process late pay in collaboration with unit directors and HR Service Center, as needed.
- Manage time entry and leave requests on behalf of the Vice Provost.
What We Can Offer
- Salary Range: $45,000-$58,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Collaborative. Be Inspired. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Two years of administrative support experience.
- Job appropriate education may substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis.
What You Will Need
- The ability to work successfully independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrable past success supporting senior management personnel.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and other administrative/communication tools.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of communicating effectively and building relationships at all levels.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Bachelors Degree.
- Experience running administrative responsibilities in a complex environment.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience with HCM.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by April 18, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder