Job Summary/Basic Function
Maryville University is searching for an energetic and passionate
tenure-track Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Computer Science
to join the College of Arts & Sciences in Fall 2022. We seek
educators who think innovatively, build competence in technology,
and use engaging pedagogy to help our students deepen their
learning and broaden their perspectives. The candidate must be
committed to fostering a positive, culturally diverse atmosphere
for faculty, staff and students. Applicants must hold a PhD in
Computer Science or closely related field. A background in
Artificial Intelligence is preferred, but not required.
The Department of Computer Science at Maryville University offers a
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science in both online and
traditional in-person formats. The BS in Computer Science program
includes specializations in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science,
Cyber Security, Software Development, User Experience, and
Blockchain. The department intends to offer a Master of Science in
Artificial Intelligence degree beginning in Fall 2022 term. The
Computer Science program is young, but rapidly growing. This is a
great opportunity for a passionate faculty member to contribute to
the development of an exciting, innovative, and rapidly growing
Responsibilities for all faculty members:
• Teach assigned courses as specified in the schedule and course
contract, employing a variety of pedagogical styles to effectively
deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world
applications of concepts covered.
• Develop innovative pedagogical strategies, including the use of
technology, to deliver course content in a meaningful and engaging
• Work closely with the instructional design team to develop and
deliver online course content.
• Foster a teaching-learning environment that values and supports
the diversity of students’ ideas, opinions, and backgrounds and
prepares them for success in a culturally diverse work force.
• Work collaboratively with appropriate faculty to review and
• Ensure that program learning and specific course outcomes are
assessed for continuous improvement
• Work closely with advisees and Life Coaches to facilitate
students’ academic and personal success.
• Propose and work toward a productive research/scholarship agenda
consonant with the demands of a teaching-focused institution.
• Serve on School and University committees as needed.
• Facilitate an Advisory Council to provide feedback and review of
the computer science program.
• Foster mutually beneficial relationships with professionals to
build internship and career opportunities and cutting-edge,
• PhD degree in Computer Science or related field from a regionally
• Student centered approach and passion for teaching and mentoring
a diverse student population.
• Strong commitment to service students, department, university and
• Background in Artificial Intelligence or Data Science.
• Experience with cloud computing.
• Experience in online teaching and online course
• Experience with higher education curriculum development.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion
of a background screening.
Teaching philosophy, letter of professional interest indicating
area(s) of focus and approach to meeting the responsibilities
outlined above for the chosen position, curriculum vitae, and
unofficial transcript(s) must be attached to complete the
Final rank will be determined based upon qualifications.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment
authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity
and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability,
gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin,
race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or
any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of
the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring,
training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and
Advertised: January 14, 2022