Physician-Executive Health -133
West Virginia University School of Medicine and the Department of Medicine seek an Internal Medicine physician qualified for appointment at the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor rank for our Executive Health Program.
The Executive Health Program is a specialized division of our Internal Medicine practice that provides a destination for comprehensive, individualized medical care in a patient-centered environment. Our program focuses on disease prevention while creating a personalized primary care experience for a motivated patient population in a modern clinical setting. The physician will provide leadership and management input of operational issues that involve Executive Health services and patient care. The successful candidate will be expected to practice in Morgantown, WV.
At WVU, you will work with a team of over 30 outstanding and experienced internists. All subspecialties are present and available for consultation within the clinic and hospital. New clinic facilities offer state of the art practice space. You will be supported by a team of Advanced Practice Providers and a dynamic nursing staff with embedded nurse case managers to help care for our sickest patients. We are a Level 3 NCQA certified Patient centered medical home. WVU Medicine facilities system-wide use the Epic health information system enabling safer, more coordinated patient care.
Applicants must have an MD or DO degree or foreign equivalent and be eligible to obtain an unrestricted West Virginia medical license. Candidates must have completed an accredited internal medicine residency program at the time of appointment. For appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor rank, a demonstrated track-record of leadership, excellent communication skills, and publications in high-impact journals are required. All qualifications must be met by the time of appointment.
WVU Medicine is West Virginia University’s affiliated health system, West Virginia’s largest private employer, and a national leader in patient safety and quality. The WVU Health System is comprised of eighteen member hospitals and three hospitals under management agreements, anchored by its flagship hospital, J.W Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, a 700+ bed academic medical center that offers tertiary and quaternary care. WVU Medicine has more than 1,000 active medical staff members and 18,000 employees who serve hundreds of thousands of people each year from across the state of West Virginia and the nation.
The WVU Health System has been ranked number 180 out of 500 businesses selected for the Forbes list of “America’s Best Employers 2021.”
Morgantown, West Virginia is located just over an hour south of Pittsburgh, PA and three hours from Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, MD. Morgantown is consistently rated as one of the best small metropolitan areas in the country for both lifestyle and business climate. The area offers the cultural diversity and amenities of a large city in a safe, family-friendly environment. There is also an excellent school system and an abundance of beautiful homes and recreational activities.
Build your legacy as you serve, teach, learn and make a difference from day one. To learn more, https://medicine.hsc.wvu.edu/medicine/ and apply online at https://wvumedicine.org/careers/providers/
For additional questions, please contact Annette Belcher, Sr. Physician Recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org
West Virginia University & University Health Associates are an AA/EO employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – and WVU is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Health & Medicine Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Medicine Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Other Health & Medicine Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Pediatrics Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown