OPS Desktop Support Assistant
UF Information Technology (UFIT) is currently seeking an entry-level OPS Desktop Support Assistant to join Academic Technology, Technology Support Services (AT-TSS), a unit within UFIT.
Employment with UFIT provides an excellent opportunity to work with other employees dedicated and focused on understanding and interpreting the technological needs of the University of Florida’s innovative and inspirational community.
This position reports directly to the IT Supervisor managing the AT-TSS Workspace Support Northeast Team.
Primarily responsible for managing and supporting a subset of the ~2200 computers supported by UFIT on and around the University of Florida Campuses.
Standard duties include:
- Manual labor in the transport and setup of PCs
- Installing operating systems and software
- Performing preventative maintenance
- Identifying problems
- Cleaning virus/malware infections
- Performing troubleshooting
The person in the position must possess the following:
- Ability to maintain documentation for procedures
- Exhibit effective customer service skills
- Ability to learn and retain technical skills
- A desire to learn and grow with possibilities of advancement within UFIT, or the greater UF community
The UF Information Technology division is comprised of seven departments reporting to the Vice President & Chief Information Officer. The departments reporting directly to the VP & CIO are: Academic Technology, Research Computing, Infrastructure & Communication Technology, Enterprise Systems, Information Security Office, and the UFIT Business Center. With established governance advisory committees and a set of well-defined, transparent processes aiding decision-making, UFIT strives to provide exceptional IT services in support of UF’s mission. For more information about UFIT and its goals and governance, visit: http://www.it.ufl.edu/vp-cio-office/strategic-plan/ .
Learn more about UFIT at https://it.ufl.edu/ and @GoGatorsUFIT.
About the University of Florida
UF is one of the nation’s top universities and a dynamic and rewarding place to work. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of its commitment to serve a diverse global community. Plus, UF is in Gainesville, one of Florida’s most livable cities. Known for its natural attractions (wetlands, forests, springs, wildlife) and cultural offerings (music, theater, visual arts, and historic districts), the area also is gaining a reputation as a thriving hub for high-tech start-ups, as well as invention and research collaborations. We are excited about what’s happening here and know you will want to be a part of it.
Diversity and inclusivity make our institution and our community better. We value the fresh ideas and unique perspectives a diverse group of people provides. Achieving a top-5 public university ranking means we make it a priority to employ and work with people from many backgrounds, cultures, abilities, and ethnicities to discover new ways to leverage technology for teaching and learning, research, and the business needs of a comprehensive land-grant institution.
Expected Salary: $10.50-$12.50 per hour; commensurate based on education and experience. In addition, the University of Florida offers a very competitive benefits package. Minimum Requirements:
High School Diploma
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and skills:
- Valid driver's License
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds
- Ability to move under and around desks and other furniture
- Exhibit effective customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
Applicants are requested to submit with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Resume and/or CV
- Professional References (Minimum of 3)
This position is expected to work full time, 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge