Systems Admin/Programmer IV
Systems Admin/Programmer IV
The Systems Administrator/Programmer IV, in Infrastructure & Communication Technology (ICT), a unit within UF Information Technology (UFIT), provides advanced level systems administration. The incumbent is responsible for designing, operating, and maintaining information technology infrastructure including understanding of Linux operating system, python, SQL, directory services, identity, and access management workloads for faculty, students, and staff. Working knowledge of PeopleSoft, messaging platforms, scripting languages, Active Directory, Grouper, SAML integrations, Shibboleth, Docker, Git, and Multi-factor Authentication is preferred. Additionally, identity related data analysis, discovery, integrations, and Identity architecture knowledge is valued.
About UF Information Technology
The UF Information Technology division is comprised of seven departments reporting to the Vice President & Chief Information Officer. The departments reporting directly to the VP & CIO are: Academic Technology, Research Computing, Infrastructure & Communication Technology, Enterprise Systems, Information Security Office, and the Business Center. With established governance advisory committees and a set of well-defined, transparent processes aiding decision-making, UFIT strives to provide exceptional IT services in support of UF’s mission.
For more information about UFIT Our Purpose. Our Legacy. https://it.ufl.edu/leadership/strategic-plan/
Learn more about UFIT at https://it.ufl.edu/ and @GoGatorsUFIT.
About the University of Florida
UF is one of the nation’s top universities and a dynamic and rewarding place to work. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of its commitment to serve a diverse global community. Plus, UF is in Gainesville, one of Florida’s most livable cities. Known for its natural attractions (wetlands, forests, springs, wildlife) and cultural offerings (music, theater, visual arts, and historic districts), the area also is gaining a reputation as a thriving hub for high-tech start-ups, as well as invention and research collaborations. We are excited about what’s happening here and know you will want to be a part of it.
Diversity and inclusivity make our institution and our community better. We value the fresh ideas and unique perspectives a diverse group of people provides. Achieving a top-5 public university ranking means we make it a priority to employ and work with people from many backgrounds, cultures, abilities, and ethnicities to discover new ways to leverage technology for teaching and learning, research, and the business needs of a comprehensive land-grant institution.
$85,000 - $90,000 annually; commensurate with education and experience. In addition, the University of Florida offers a very competitive benefits package. https://hr.ufl.edu/benefits/
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and eight years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Understanding of the Linux and Windows O/S
- Automation with scripting tools using PowerShell and Git
- Orchestration tools such as Terraform
- Configuration tools such as PowerShell
- SQL (MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Related code and methodologies including APIs, Messaging Platforms, PeopleSoft, Perl, Java, PHP, XML, JSON, ShellScripting
- AD, Shibboleth, Grouper, Docker, DUO MFA
- InCommon Sectigo Certificate Management (RAO), Data Analysis, Monitoring, Code development methodologies, testing and debugging
- IAM Consulting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Communicate goals/objectives and use active feedback to improve services
- Successfully work with teams on large projects
- Observe, detect, identify and resolve complex technical challenges and communicate resolutions in a clear, concise and complete manner
- Conduct root cause analyses and provide in-depth troubleshooting to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of UFIT services
- Understanding of email protocols like smtp, imap, postfix mail transfer agent and email hygiene infrastructure like Proofpoint, Defender for Office 365, ATP, etc
- Work effectively and independently or as a project team member, on multiple concurrent projects/tasks
- Ability to multi-task
- Work in a fast paced customer focused, critical production support and development environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants are requested to submit with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Resume and/or CV
- Professional References (Minimum of 3)
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge